• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB William "Pop" Watson Flips To VA Tech

He had some other really good offers. If he has a good senior season, I would expect his rating to go up (currently 5.6 and 3-star with Rivals and .8477 and 3-star with 247).

What does this do to our QB recruiting for next year? Do we shut it down, keep aggressively pursuing a second QB for the class, or just keep the door open to potentially taking a 2nd QB in the class once we see how the QB room looks this season?

He had some other really good offers. If he has a good senior season, I would expect his rating to go up (currently 5.6 and 3-star with Rivals and .8477 and 3-star with 247).

I would not worry about the stars at this point In time

Hos stats, honors and offers over shadow that

I also don't think the services based on him being from MA have evaluated him that well

What does this do to our QB recruiting for next year? Do we shut it down, keep aggressively pursuing a second QB for the class, or just keep the door open to potentially taking a 2nd QB in the class once we see how the QB room looks this season?

Good question

One school of thought is we are done

Some folks think we could take two

Time will tell

I would not worry about the stars at this point In time

Hos stats, honors and offers over shadow that

I also don't think the services based on him being from MA have evaluated him that well
Oh, I'm not worried about the stars or ratings. I was just commenting on the fact that it might be a little low and may very well go up.

The only reason it might matter at all is that the QB is usually the prime peer recruiter, and sometimes we hear that other players want to go and play with a "big time" leader. His rating may make a slight difference to players who may have that mindset. But like I said, I'm not worried about it. I am happy he committed.
:Huskerflag:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back