• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Richard Torres Trending To Nebraska

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Thought it was time to start a thread on him as He will taking his OV and a lot of chatter he might he the class QB

He is 6'6" and weighs 210

Has a big arm and moves well

247 ranks him a high 3 star for now

CB for the Huskers this week

Last edited:

A lot to like in his highlight films. I kept clicking ahead to try and see him run it once...but there were more great passes waiting for me. Seems like a pass first guy who definitely can move well enough. The highlight film tells me all I need to see and I won't complain if this is our guy this year.

Frost has had very good luck with QBs from Hawaii. If Blanco is anything like Mariotta or Milton, then I hope we get him.

He has played Little due to an injury his sophomore year and losing his jr year to COVID but he appears to have all the tools to be really good

Which is why he has no rating by Rivals thus far

Visiting Oregon this week

Elite 11 next week

Nebraska the week after

Our coaches know his coach and are in constant contact

Last edited:
If they get Torres that will be two tall QBs in a row. I wonder if that is a deliberate move away from the McCaffery/Smothers types.

If they get Torres that will be two tall QBs in a row. I wonder if that is a deliberate move away from the McCaffery/Smothers types.
The ideal qb depends on the flexibility of the offense.
If a faster more mobile 6'3"that can make every throw, then hes our guy, but usually the bamas and th okies and Clemsons have snatched them up.
Better arm talent is found in taller guys as far as numbers go, but shorter guys own the mobile aspects.
Turning a Haarsberg into a good qb will happen easier than MR and TA going west coast, arm first,but need decent mobility, especially in the pocket first, run second

Are we thinking of taking 2? I know people think good QBs want to be the only one taken, but it’s pretty risky and it’s put us in a bit of a pinch. Whether it’s the first week on campus, or the following year, it’s going to be about competing for playing time. It’s not like there is a guaranteed succession in place.

Are we thinking of taking 2? I know people think good QBs want to be the only one taken, but it’s pretty risky and it’s put us in a bit of a pinch. Whether it’s the first week on campus, or the following year, it’s going to be about competing for playing time. It’s not like there is a guaranteed succession in place.
You know, I don't mind the idea of taking two, knowing full well if a guy (possibly both) isn't in line to start/be top backup after year 2 they are gone. Its the most important position on the field, I like the idea of taking multiple "swings".

You know, I don't mind the idea of taking two, knowing full well if a guy (possibly both) isn't in line to start/be top backup after year 2 they are gone. Its the most important position on the field, I like the idea of taking multiple "swings".

The problems is likely to be the small class size. With the super senior roster waiver likely ending after this year, it will be a pretty small class.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back