• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Logan Smothers is N; Update: Upgraded To A 4 * By Rivals

This is a great pickup for Nebraska. Logan has incredible speed. By the time he is in college he may be the fastest quarterback ever to play for Nebraska. He also has a good build and looks like he could get his weight up to 230 pounds over the next 6 years. I think his throwing motion needs a little work. It is a quick throwing motion but he is short arming / shot putting his throws which loses potential velocity. I have faith in the coaches that they can get this corrected over the coming years.

He thinks it interesting that NU offered and accepted his commitment before any other big schools have offered. That NU sees something that the others haven't yet.

You can bet that when he has an outstanding Jr year that other schools will flock to him. Just hope he stays true to NU. Wouldn't Saban love to skewer Frost after SF's recent barbs in that direction?

You can bet that when he has an outstanding Jr year that other schools will flock to him. Just hope he stays true to NU. Wouldn't Saban love to skewer Frost after SF's recent barbs in that direction?
Alabama has 2 of the top 15 prostyle QBs committed for 19 and a top 10 prostyle for 20. He doesn’t need Smothers to stick it to us. He has national championships for that.

My thinking is that Sam thinks that SF puts more stock into the mobility of the QB than the arm...maybe.

If you read all of Sams tweets and articles he really likes the commit

I find all three of his QBs in the 18, 19 and 2020 classes interesting. He is betting on the come with each of them as they all have in some way limited track records.

Martinez didn't play his senior year. McCaffrey has never been a starter at QB. Smothers still has only finished his sophomore year of high school.

Frost is relying on his skills at projecting and developing more than most coaches we have had in the past. Maybe the upside is he gets the bargain buy, the sleeper, the hidden gem. After watching their respective highlights, limited as they are, I can't say I fault him.

He thinks it interesting that NU offered and accepted his commitment before any other big schools have offered. That NU sees something that the others haven't yet.
Thanks to each of you for your replies to my question. :thumbsup:

This is a great pickup for Nebraska. Logan has incredible speed. By the time he is in college he may be the fastest quarterback ever to play for Nebraska. He also has a good build and looks like he could get his weight up to 230 pounds over the next 6 years. I think his throwing motion needs a little work. It is a quick throwing motion but he is short arming / shot putting his throws which loses potential velocity. I have faith in the coaches that they can get this corrected over the coming years.

I don't know. Several coaches worked on SF's throwing motion and it didn't take. He was also a shot putter.

He has a ways to go to beat Crouch's best 100m time. But 11.01 as a sophomore is still pretty fast.

Dj4pLX4UwAA_6OW.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back