• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Logan Smothers is N; Update: Upgraded To A 4 * By Rivals

DjE-XT4VsAEi45-.jpg

Mom onboard that is the big thing. :)

“Overall, since the first time I set foot on campus, I fell in love with it,” Smothers told Husker247. “The coaches, the atmosphere, the culture, the fit offensively for me. Everything. Since I left the first time, I wanted to commit then, but I’ve been raised to think about my decision before I make them. I wanted to bring my family back and let them see if before I made a decision, and they loved it too. It was on my heart and I decided to do it.”

Smothers was offered by Nebraska in the spring, and visited Lincoln for the first time in June with his father. After camping at Ohio State and hearing from a number of programs in the SEC, Smothers brought his entire family to Lincoln on Thursday to get a feeling for the campus and the coaching staff. He said his mother had all her questions answered on the visit.

"She loved it too," She had a great time and all the coaches were really welcoming. She had talked to coaches over the phone, but she really wanted to meet them and see what it was like. All her questions were answered and she had a great time."

Rivals ranks Smothers as the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in his class nationally. The 6-foot-2, 180-pounder clocked a 4.48-second time in the 40-yard dash during an Ohio State camp last month and ran for 719 yards and eight touchdowns on 110 carries (6.5 yards per carry) last fall. While leading an RPO-heavy spread attack similar to Scott Frost's, he also completed 65 percent of his passes for 2,041 yards along with 14 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

"He's extremely explosive," Athens coach Cody Gross said earlier this month. "He has the ability to go the distance every time he touches the ball, which is every play."

Smothers grew up around football. His father, Shane, is Athens' offensive coordinator and his two older brothers both went through the recruiting process before signing with North Alabama. He is also a 4.0 student planning to enter the medical field when his football career ends.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back