• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Heinrich Haarberg gets his Husker offer; CBs trending heavy to Nebraska

In a way I hate that kids are judged before their senior season because they are still maturing physically. BUT, as I look back at my time at Southeast with Coach Solich - the few guys that played varsity before they were seniors all ended up at least All-City if not All-State and five ended up with scholarships for Nebraska, with one earning All-Big 8 and one getting MVP of the Sugar Bowl. Fairly accurate prognosis based on pre-senior year play.
So ... you were at Lincoln Southeast before '79, which is when Frank became the freshmen coach at Nebraska, and since Craig Sundberg was a senior in '81 ('80 season), and he was the MVP of the '85 Sugar Bowl against LSU. Was Sundberg already a starter as a sophomore, since that was Frank's last year at LSE?

So ... you were at Lincoln Southeast before '79, which is when Frank became the freshmen coach at Nebraska, and since Craig Sundberg was a senior in '81 ('80 season), and he was the MVP of the '85 Sugar Bowl against LSU. Was Sundberg already a starter as a sophomore, since that was Frank's last year at LSE?
Nope, Craig was a HS junior in '78 Frank's last season at LSE, we went 8-0 in the regular season, but lost 7-8 to GI in the State Quarterfinal game. Craig broke his ankle before that game and couldn't play. That GI team was something special featuring two NFL players Rathman and Traynowicz, but we beat them in the regular season. Bill Weber (All Big-8) was also a junior that year.

So Craig and Bill were freshman at UNL the fall of 1980, redshirted, so both of them were seniors in the 1984 season, henceforth the 1985 Sugar Bowl.

The mostly seniors on Solich's varsity teams was interesting because if sophomores or juniors were not going to start, he'd rather have them actually playing on JV, Weber and Sundberg were exceptions, those State Champion '76 and '77 teams were loaded. I screwed up thinking it was an insult to play JV as a junior, because I moved in from the East Coast, so instead of playing JV football, I played club soccer. I did play football my senior year and was tempted to not graduate with my class to play another year with Brolhurst and Solich since I was young for my class, but Frank left for UNL and my ski bum career was calling.

Haven't seen the commit yet. Hoping soon. Such a physical specimen and I hope we can secure it before others come calling.

Can he really run 11.1 in the 100M?

Arm is plenty big.

Let's make this happen and keep this class moving forward. Hoping for 15 commits before camp opens up.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back