• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Heinrich Haarberg gets his Husker offer; CBs trending heavy to Nebraska

If HH was playing, say in TX, would he be a 3* or would he be rated higher? Just curious since not only is he in Nebraska, but class C Nebraska.

All six CBs are for the Huskers including Steve Wilfong.
I hate to say "sure thing" as it relates to any instate Nebraska prospect (not just Heinrich) who has says how much he likes Lincoln and the program.....but he is pretty close to a sure thing for NU, IMO. But, like Wilfong, I have been wrong before (or, at the least, I haven't changed my pick last minute to be "right"). :Lol: :Lol: :nod:

If HH was playing, say in TX, would he be a 3* or would he be rated higher? Just curious since not only is he in Nebraska, but class C Nebraska.

I think it would be a lot easier to determine whether or not he should be a four-star if he indeed played in Texas. He's playing a competition level that he should dominate. That's what makes it so tricky to project guys like this. In his highlight tape, if the teams he were going against were Carroll, Guyer, Duncanville, etc, it'd be a clearer picture.

I think it would be a lot easier to determine whether or not he should be a four-star if he indeed played in Texas. He's playing a competition level that he should dominate. That's what makes it so tricky to project guys like this. In his highlight tape, if the teams he were going against were Carroll, Guyer, Duncanville, etc, it'd be a clearer picture.

What’s your gut feeling on him?

I am really glad NU offered HH when they did and I hope he signs. McKewon said on twitter he spoke with HH and NC State was in the mix. Tim Beck is their OC/QB coach and HH would fit his mold. McKewon also so said watch out for Auburn. If this kid continues to perform well his senior year the offers from bigger schools will be rolling in.
Mckewon doesn’t know his head from his a**

What’s your gut feeling on him?

He's a low floor / high ceiling guy IMO. But he might be the sort of QB you need this class. Someone who knows they're going to sit for 2, 3 years. A guy who will keep your numbers right at the position in the meantime that you don't have to worry about transferring. I think a guy like Haarberg would be more likely to stick around and wait his turn behind Smothers or McCaffrey. Plus i mean, he's a legit prospect.

I just hope he doesn't go to Auburn. The recruiting sharks are circling Nebraska. They have to be competitive and WIN this year. No excuses. And it's a beast of a schedule. Illinois was a tougher and more physical team than we were last year. Chew on that for a bit!

He's a low floor / high ceiling guy IMO. But he might be the sort of QB you need this class. Someone who knows they're going to sit for 2, 3 years. A guy who will keep your numbers right at the position in the meantime that you don't have to worry about transferring. I think a guy like Haarberg would be more likely to stick around and wait his turn behind Smothers or McCaffrey. Plus i mean, he's a legit prospect.
Plus could play TE in a few years if not I’m running. Big kid with speed.

I just hope he doesn't go to Auburn. The recruiting sharks are circling Nebraska. They have to be competitive and WIN this year. No excuses. And it's a beast of a schedule. Illinois was a tougher and more physical team than we were last year. Chew on that for a bit!
But we won’t improve only other teams?

But we won’t improve only other teams?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Easily 3* size, speed, arm. People are questioning his arm because he throws a nice arced ball, I don't doubt at all he can throw a bullet pass if he needs to, look at those bombs he chucks down the field. I can see him having a huge senior year.

In a way I hate that kids are judged before their senior season because they are still maturing physically. BUT, as I look back at my time at Southeast with Coach Solich - the few guys that played varsity before they were seniors all ended up at least All-City if not All-State and five ended up with scholarships for Nebraska, with one earning All-Big 8 and one getting MVP of the Sugar Bowl. Fairly accurate prognosis based on pre-senior year play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back