• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB controversy

You’re right, because if I’m not mistaken, sack yardage in college are counted as negative yards against the QB rushing total. So take out AM’s 16 sacks, and Noah’s 4, and AM would be even higher in rush avg.
Vedral didn’t have starts against South Alabama, Northern Illinois, Colorado, Illinois or Purdue to pad his stats. It’s weird how you left that out.

Vedral’s 2 starts were against undefeated, Top15 Minnesota (on the road in terrible weather) and against 7-2 Indiana. Context.

P.S. Noah’s 4 sacks with 30 rushing attempts is going to have almost as big of a negative effect on his YPC than AM’s 16 sacks with 97 carries will have on his.

Last edited:

Am looks soft and clearly is not listening to HCSF during the game if you read lips.

Com-on people! A week ago I posted about Martinez being the one player seen "out & about" at every party, even after losing games. I got "chastised" to say the least, on this site. " He can't just be a college kid"- like other players haven't done that", etc. etc.

It had nothing to do with that - it had to do with the fact that he's lost the respect of his teammates. If you can't see that, you're not watching the games very closely. You don't think those guys played harder for Vedral or McCafferty? And then the "chosen one" gets the start again and can't perform just like the last few games he started?

Lets see how it plays out now. If you guys are so damn connected, chastise me again when I tell you AM has more to worry about than going through more than one progression or taking off and running for a first down instead of throwing the ball away...... Like becoming a papa.

His teammates know it, his coaches all know it, but hey, Scott Frost's #1 "Golden Child", surely wouldn't mess up like that would he? His 2nd "golden Boy", (MW), did & he FINALLY admitted that and was forced to do something, but surely not #1 child getting himself in a pickle? Not the "golden boy" that we flew across country in the middle of the night to sign, that was the cornerstone to building Frost's program. Our surefire Heisman candidate. Surely he wouldn't be just a college kid & mess up? But no one admits it; except his teammates know it, so they say, "Hey why am I going to lay it on the line when your "annointed one", can't keep it in his pants, & we're expected to follow every rule, but not him? And he's our leader?

There is a reason that one of the VB players took a "medical leave of absence"a week and a half ago. Read between the lines.

In a divided locker room, there are usually hidden reasons that have to be handled or the train slides off the track like it has this year. Until those are addressed, everything else is merely window dressing trying to cover up the real issues. And if it's the "teacher's pet" whose problems they are ignoring, then this is what happens. We are 4 & 5 for a reason. We're just "OK", & we "aint" getting better until they admit what going on behind the scenes. and address that.
And the same predictable antagonists are following up your reasonable post with snide remarks. Don't worry, buddy, people hear what you said. The average person that visits this site won't come out and acknowledge what you say. But people are listening.

Vedral didn’t have starts against South Alabama, Northern Illinois, Colorado, Illinois or Purdue to pad his stats. It’s weird how you left that out.

Vedral’s 2 starts were against undefeated, Top15 Minnesota (on the road in terrible weather) and against 7-2 Indiana. Context.
I guess what I’m getting at is when does Vedral become the scapegoat if he’s the starter? Because you can’t tell me 1 game we win this season just because he’s starting over AM. Vedral is not Johnny Unitas no matter how bad some fans want him to be.

I guess what I’m getting at is when does Vedral become the scapegoat if he’s the starter? Because you can’t tell me 1 game we win this season just because he’s starting over AM. Vedral is not Johnny Unitas no matter how bad some fans want him to be.
I can’t definitively tell you we WOULD have won against Purdue with Vedral any more than you can tell me we wouldn’t have.

But what I can say, is that Vedral has looked better than AM this year, and it wouldn’t have taken much more to beat a bad Purdue team yesterday.

Last edited:

Vedral averages 3.5 yards per carry to AM’s 4.1. I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, I just can’t say that Noah is a more decisive runner than AM when the majority of Noahs runs this year have been drawn up as QB runs.
I’d say the one advantage a.m. has is his size. When he gets tackled he’s usually falling forward gaining a half yard or so. Vedral and LM def don’t have that. However, I’m more hyped on LM than vedral. In his few passes against Indiana, the screen to wandale stood out to me the most. I don’t remember seeing a qb in Lincoln run a screen that calm and collected. Not only did he look natural running it, he hit robinson right on the money. It’s a play that should be simple but man how many times have you seen guys in the past like Martinez or Armstrong totally f up the timing on those.

LM is not ready yet. There is too small of a sampling to make a decision. It is clear his version of the offense looks more like AM then what Vedral runs out there.

I think Frost has tried to handle AM carefully because a wrong move could crush his confidence or lead to transfer. But this has just gotten ridiculous. His negatives far outweigh his positives.

I think a sequence of events that leads to Martinez transferring is a real possibility. McCaffrey has a great spring and pre-season and wins the starting job. Just that fast Martinez is back in California somewhere. I have no idea what can get him out of his funk. He (Martinez) has become a head case.

Last edited:
He’s suffering from Bosa syndrome, afraid to get hurt before he cashes in his first check from an nfl contract.

I wouldn’t have worded it that way. But it struck me that the announcer commented several times that AM “fancies himself a pocket passer”.

A team like Nebraska, with line problems and lack of receiver depth doesn’t need a pocket passer. They need a “gamer” like a Joe Ganz.

The line played well enough yesterday for a gamer to gash the defense. Even when he had plenty of time and receivers were open, balls went to the ground or the stratosphere. When lanes were open for running, he held on to the ball instead of taking off and moving the ball.

Perhaps he needs to try to play college football instead of fancying himself as anything right now.

AM is not performing even with his easy throws. HCSF is simplifying the game and it looks like a high school offense. Yet we still do not execute and Purdue was a very bad defense.

A team like Nebraska, with line problems and lack of receiver depth doesn’t need a pocket passer. They need a “gamer” like a Joe Ganz.
Joe Ganz had Lydon Murtha and Matt Slauson for lineman, Nate Swift, Todd Peterson, and Niles Paul for receivers, and Roy Helu and Marlon Lucky in the backfield.

Ganz was a gamer, but putting vintage Ganz in yesterday wasn’t going to solve our problems.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back