• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB CHUBBA PURDY N

I'd bet Thompson is one and done. Never know but he'll be 24 next year and he will need to take a shot at the pros if he's got the goods.
If true, that probably means he had a fantastic launch year - so I'll take it! I agree with you on the age thing - kids in the locker room will be calling him "gramps." But we sure could use a calm head in this huddle this year.

Last edited:
I'd bet Thompson is one and done. Never know but he'll be 24 next year and he will need to take a shot at the pros if he's got the goods.

Lets hope he is performs well enuf to be one and done, if thats the case, then our team is back on track. If he leads the team to a 4-5 win year, then he probably didnt have a breakout year either.

I know these are highlights (not lowlights), but he gets the ball out in a hurry, nice touch on short and intermediate passes, good arm strength, generally good presence in the pocket, and he can use his legs to get out and go when necessary. Lot's to like in freshman film.

Is it wrong to cringe when our new QB in the past hurdles and get flipped on the sideline? Haha. Showed some guts and drive to get first down.

More often, I like how he sees openings and gets big chunk yards on scrambles and then slides. Also looked adept at fielding poor snaps. Love his eyes staying downfield and finding receivers. His size, speed and arm look great.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back