• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB cam helmet

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Check this out and understand that this camera is still about 4 inches higher than the QB's eyes. I had played QB and can tell you its not easy to see the field, the receivers and the defenders with all the big bodies standing in your way and you are on the run. That's why I always cringe when people complain that AM isn't seeing the open receivers.

Put it on Trevor Lawance

Bet it will be in slow-motion mode

Check this out and understand that this camera is still about 4 inches higher than the QB's eyes. I had played QB and can tell you its not easy to see the field, the receivers and the defenders with all the big bodies standing in your way and you are on the run. That's why I always cringe when people complain that AM isn't seeing the open receivers.

That's fun to watch, and I concur seeing the field is magnitudes different from the QB perspective than the overhead TV view from the comfort of a couch.

I will say, the POV camera is not a great representation of the actual experience (in any situation), because of the way your eyes and brain work. If you're standing there in your everyday life, and look to your left, and then to your right, it's a smooth view, and the information in your field of vision can be processed, because your brain is keeping track of objects, and mental processes make assumptions about how perspective will move as your head turns. You're at least partially aware of what's happening in your peripheral vision as well.

Contrast that with a helmet cam, when the QB looks left and then right, it's a dizzying blur where you can only visually keep track of one or two things, and you lose all sense of what may be happening in the periphery. It's because of how our minds are created to work and process information - seeing point of view displayed on a screen doesn't process the same way as if you're there, and unfortunately, there's not a great way for the fans to very accurately experience the ~3 seconds a QB has to decipher the necessary information & make the play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back