• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Putting it all on one Post for us

Never said it did. Never said anyone was or wasn't a real fan.
Fine. You called him a fraud for voicing his frustration/concerns over the program and told him to find another team to root for. There are folks who may not be as negative as Pops, but he isn't alone either. We can agree or disagree with any one poster, but calling someone a fraud because they don't think like you makes you look overly sensitive and a bit childish (like Pops :p).

Now calling someone out for being full of sh*t....well, that's a different story. ;)

Fine. You called him a fraud for voicing his frustration/concerns over the program and told him to find another team to root for. There are folks who may not be as negative as Pops, but he isn't alone either. We can agree or disagree with any one poster, but calling someone a fraud because they don't think like you makes you look overly sensitive and a bit childish (like Pops :p).

Now calling someone out for being full of sh*t....well, that's a different story. ;)
Wait what? I’ve entered negative transformation therapy and i’ve been given a chance to fully recover

Wait what? I’ve entered negative transformation therapy and i’ve been given a chance to fully recover
I truly believe you have a chance. It's going to be a long wrong my friend. But you have support here.

I agree 100% with everything you've said. My ONLY concern is the extremely vocal minority that eventually could make things miserable for this staff. 99% of the people on this board do not fall in this category.

I would hope the two or three guys here who just don’t get it, never have and never will are not part of anyone’s career evaluation program. If the griping starts coming from above the staff within the program, then they should be concerned. Short of that and it’s just noise.

I would hope the two or three guys here who just don’t get it, never have and never will are not part of anyone’s career evaluation program. If the griping starts coming from above the staff within the program, then they should be concerned. Short of that and it’s just noise.

Unfortunately we've been down this road before. I just don't want Frost and his staff to get frustrated and leave. Normal fan criticism is fine. In a lot of ways, this fanbase is not normal.

I don't know how I can separate Coach Frost from the rest of the staff. Coach Frost is the perfect man for the job but I have reservations about some of his staff. Do I have to consider Frost and his staff as one entity and any reservation about his staff is a direct gripe at coach Frost?

The HM opinion police will take this question under advisement. You should hear back within 2 weeks with direction on what your proper opinion will be. In the interim you must refrain from posting any unauthorized personal opinions.

Even if RSR disagrees with the both of you :Biggrin: --- these posts are spot on. There is reason to be patient. Yet, there is reason for disappointment. Doesn't make you any more or less a fan. When we hire someone on this board to dictate who is a "real" fan or not, then I'll be on my merry way. But as of today, I don't think that person has been hired.

No, but there seems to be one in the interview process!

Unfortunately we've been down this road before. I just don't want Frost and his staff to get frustrated and leave. Normal fan criticism is fine. In a lot of ways, this fanbase is not normal.
Let’s call it like it is though. You stick this staff with Scott Frost as the head coach on any team in the SEC or any blue blood, get the same results and the cat calls and screams would be magnified by 100. Whether right or wrong SF is getting the benefit of the doubt because of his Nebraska ties. Right now this is a team that lacks talent and is not coached very well. Turnovers, stupid penalties, lack of improvement, the list goes on and on. SF should get time to make this right but he’s getting an awful long leash that any outsider would’ve never got. At the end of the day he’s going to have a first two year record that is worse than any coach since before Devaney. When you’re getting paid $5 million a year and not showing game to game improvement I think you can ask some questions. He’s a big boy And if this gets to him this bad he’s going to struggle wherever he goes. My guess is that the vocal minority is the last thing he’s worried about. If it’s getting to him we’ve got much bigger problems and where is he going to go where there isn’t noise in today’s college football environment?

I Popscynical do here by pledge my unwavering support for the Nebraska Football Program. I will with all due diligence voice only positives within the program at all times.

Signed
True Red Popscynical
But you aren't within the program, or, are you?

OK, thanks

Let’s call it like it is though. You stick this staff with Scott Frost as the head coach on any team in the SEC or any blue blood, get the same results and the cat calls and screams would be magnified by 100. Whether right or wrong SF is getting the benefit of the doubt because of his Nebraska ties. Right now this is a team that lacks talent and is not coached very well. Turnovers, stupid penalties, lack of improvement, the list goes on and on. SF should get time to make this right but he’s getting an awful long leash that any outsider would’ve never got. At the end of the day he’s going to have a first two year record that is worse than any coach since before Devaney. When you’re getting paid $5 million a year and not showing game to game improvement I think you can ask some questions. He’s a big boy And if this gets to him this bad he’s going to struggle wherever he goes. My guess is that the vocal minority is the last thing he’s worried about. If it’s getting to him we’ve got much bigger problems and where is he going to go where there isn’t noise in today’s college football environment?
Great post
Except I think the long leash sf is getting is actually due more to his success at UCF. Fans feel like he's proved he knows how to turn a team around so they're given him his due time

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back