• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdy N!

Recruiting is always a crap shoot. But each new player is a potential breakthrough player. I’m much more excited that Purdue chose NE over OU. Whatever chance he has to be a top player benefits us, not OU.

I would be less excited about him if we were still with the old offensive staff, fair or not. As with players, new energy in coaches coming in also fosters hope.
I totally agree with this post. New energy and hope is exposed with the new staff additions. Can I ask you to look past your feelings just once and maybe understand that many of us would have more hope had we been changing the head coach too. Now I'm not asking you to feel that same way but to at least understand that had Scott Frost been fired........there is a fair chance that the entire Husker nation might be drinking the koolaid with an entire new staff coming in. It seems to me many of the SF supporters are really excited because we knew what we had with the old hires. Could it not be the same with SF? None of us know right now but to discount us as fans for thinking that way isn't fair. What if it doesn't work out? I can tell you many more fans will jump to the Anti Frost side. That might even be some on here. Are they then bad fans too?

Keep pumpin' that sunshine!
6C866BE6-DF45-410C-B5F9-2ADC25E6B003.jpeg

Who isn’t coexisting?

Its not correct to suggest an “attack“ has occurred simply because an alternate viewpoint has been posted.
Am I really trying to convince you, or you me? I don't really think so. My biggest theme is that a decision on coaches must take into account more than win loss ratios. Others insist that win loss ratios are the end of the analysis. I don’t see anyone convincing me to ignore 95% of data when making an important decision. Me convincing people on here that due diligence is important is not necessary. The decision is up to Trev and he seems to take a more global approach to his decision making, including the cost of an expensive buy out that provides no value to the program.
You know we have had this discussion before and you keep saying that the anti-frost crowd isn't capable of looking past the wins and losses. I have given you several analytical factors supporting our position in the past including questionable game planning, play calling, personnel management and overall player development. You usually are unable to counter it with an effective analysis other than we have to trust Trev. That is fine. That is what the discussions are for. I just wanted to point out your continued insistence that we only look at wins and losses isn't accurate.

And for the record I don't believe or agree that our base is anti-Frost. I use that term because it satisfies the small group that believes we actually hate the guy. We just want Nebraska to be successful again and question his ability based on what we have seen. I prefer calling myself anti-losing.

He never claimed that the win/loss record didn’t matter.
When my sons played youth soccer the win/loss record wasn't the only thing that mattered. Made some sense then. Doesn't make much sense to not be the deciding factor after 4 straight losing seasons. Maybe after year 2 or even year 3 with the Covid challenges I could buy it.

I don’t think anyone is hoping he gets fired. I’d say most want to see him win. Everyone is tired of losing. Something the HC bemoaned upon his hire. He’s been worse than all of them. Problem is, I’d say a good portion no longer believe that he can win, which is fair, after 4 losing seasons and a 15-29 record.
Nationally, people don't limit their view of Nebraska to just the Frost years. They know the carnage goes back much further.
The really dangerous thing for Nebraska in this moment is that Frost goes 6-6 next year, and we go bowling. So Frost gets another year. And the mediocrity really spins out of control. Nebraska could be dead and buried for a long time.

Nationally, people don't limit their view of Nebraska to just the Frost years. They know the carnage goes back much further.
The really dangerous thing for Nebraska in this moment is that Frost goes 6-6 next year, and we go bowling. So Frost gets another year. And the mediocrity really spins out of control. Nebraska could be dead and buried for a long time.
If he goes 6-6 and is retained it’s not going to send us spinning into mediocrity. We’re already there and have been for a long long time. As good as Pelini did his teams other than 2009 weren’t very relevant. They definitely where better than this but still couldn’t win anything. We are mediocre.

If he goes 6-6 and is retained it’s not going to send us spinning into mediocrity. We’re already there and have been for a long long time. As good as Pelini did his teams other than 2009 weren’t very relevant. They definitely where better than this but still couldn’t win anything. We are mediocre.
It’s hard accepting it man.

I got dreams to remember

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back