• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdue Opens As A One Point Favorite Over Nebraska

Horvath is a beast but he’s slow as snot. And their o line is decent pass blockers but many times their rushing yardage is like ours....jet sweeps, reverses and QB runs

Will be interesting.....

The teams that beat them....their defenses bend but don’t break. Which I think bodes well for us.

And if our O can be crisp and stop the foolishness....We score a lot of points against these guys

Last edited:
Horvath is a beast but he’s slow as snot. And their o line is decent pass blockers but many times their rushing yardage is like ours....jet sweeps, reverses and QB runs

Will be interesting.....

The teams that beat them....their defenses bend but doen’t break. Which I think bodes well for us.

And if our O can be crisp and stop the foolishness....We score a lot of points against these guys
Hope you are right. We haven’t scored a lot of points all season.Sadly I think we should be a bigger dog.Seems that the one team we can beat is ourselves.Keep the faith.GBR.

You know what I think is interesting and funny? It’s how last year all of the analysts and media types kept telling us all last year that Northwestern just had some bad breaks and kept beating themselves ...how inexperienced they were and that boy they were going to be good next year! That team went 3-9...

And they actually were correct.

But the only thing they say about us is how we whine about clapping and complain about being in the Big Ten.

go figure....

Last edited:

You know what I think is interesting and funny? It’s how last year all of the analysts and media types kept telling us all last year that Northwestern just had some bad breaks and kept beating themselves ...how inexperienced they were and that boy they were going to be good next year! That team went 3-9...

And they actually were correct.

But the only thing they say about us is how we whine about clapping and complain about being in the Big Ten.

go figure....
Fitzgerald has a track record of producing winning teams. Frost at Nebraska has.... consistently found new ways to lose games.

There's no anti-Nebraska narrative. Just fair criticism of a head coach that's avoiding accountability and making excuses three years in a row.

@peder

Well you raise a good point.

Part of the problem with Nebraska is......us. And many times we do sound like whiners.

But I think there is a large majority of the social media folks and the big name media people are using Nebraska as a foil right now. And it’s cheap and unnecessary. All they are doing is counting on the frustrations of all of the fan bases that we used to pound year after year. They are just capitalizing on a “big comeuppance”. And it just feels cheap.
Yeah kick folks when they are down. Really a great way to make lasting relationships.

And I frankly have had enough of it. Business dealings, national politics, local politics, hell it just seems to pervade everywhere.

But the only way we get rid of it is to ignore it and just start winning again.

Sigh......

I am really glad Christmas is coming and a new year about to start!

Fitzgerald has a track record of producing winning teams. Frost at Nebraska has.... consistently found new ways to lose games.

There's no anti-Nebraska narrative. Just fair criticism of a head coach that's avoiding accountability and making excuses three years in a row.
Pal not hard to make excuses when you are paid 5 million a year and guaranteed 35 mil

@peder

Well you raise a good point.

Part of the problem with Nebraska is......us. And many times we do sound like whiners.

But I think there is a large majority of the social media folks and the big name media people are using Nebraska as a foil right now. And it’s cheap and unnecessary. All they are doing is counting on the frustrations of all of the fan bases that we used to pound year after year. They are just capitalizing on a “big comeuppance”. And it just feels cheap.
Yeah kick folks when they are down. Really a great way to make lasting relationships.

And I frankly have had enough of it. Business dealings, national politics, local politics, hell it just seems to pervade everywhere.

But the only way we get rid of it is to ignore it and just start winning again.

Sigh......

I am really glad Christmas is coming and a new year about to start!
Definitely agree there's some in the media dumping on us because we so loudly pushed to play. I've seen it all over Twitter, and I agree, it's superfluous and annoying. The media thinks or pretends to think that we wanted to play this season so badly because we thought we'd kick ass, when in reality, most of us knew we'd be < 0.500 this year, and the record up to this point is only marginally a surprise. So when the media tries to "dunk" on us for wanting to play, they don't understand that despite these challenges, we're still overwhelmingly happy that football is being played at all.

I'd rather watch a winless Husker team than no Husker team every single year.

Still, I see that as a different issue than the narratives around Penn St and Northwestern. Everyone understands that Northwestern in '19 and Penn St in '20 is not representative of either program. However, Nebraska in '20 is the same as Nebraska for the past 4 years. Really, I see the same type of "hating" on our program's mediocrity that someone like Pitt receives regularly.

It also doesn’t help when you pay a coach over $5 million a year and then extend his contract to seven years with the record that he has.

Not exactly the kind a look you’re trying to portray.

makes us easy targets and rightfully so.

Let’s face it. True reality.

If this were any other coach but Scott Frost, homeboy hero, Tom Osborne protégé, he would be fired at the end of this year.

Now having said that, I think that we’re kind of lucky that he is Scott Frost homeboy hero and is somewhat insulated from that so that we can actually build something long term here.

Will be interesting.....

The teams that beat them....their defenses bend but don’t break. Which I think bodes well for us.

How?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back