• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pulled pork hash

Squatchsker

All American
15 Year Member
I am going to be making a smoked pork hash for breakfast to feed the guys at a retreat on Saturday. The plan is a layer of crispy potatoes o'brien, then a layer of smoked shredded pork shoulder, then a bit of cheese and with thin hatch pepper rings on top. I could also include some roasted tomatoes and peppers on top of the pork and below the cheese, but I am not sure about that as I don't want it to overpower the other flavors.

Thoughts?

I am going to be making a smoked pork hash for breakfast to feed the guys at a retreat on Saturday. The plan is a layer of crispy potatoes o'brien, then a layer of smoked shredded pork shoulder, then a bit of cheese and with thin hatch pepper rings on top. I could also include some roasted tomatoes and peppers on top of the pork and below the cheese, but I am not sure about that as I don't want it to overpower the other flavors.

Thoughts?
Sounds amazing. The only changes I personally might make is skipping the roasted tomatoes and bell peppers as I assume the potatoes o'brien already has peppers in it. You know what might really be good is to take a small can of chipotles in adobo sauce and make a chipotle sour cream for people to dollop on top.

Sounds amazing. The only changes I personally might make is skipping the roasted tomatoes and bell peppers as I assume the potatoes o'brien already has peppers in it. You know what might really be good is to take a small can of chipotles in adobo sauce and make a chipotle sour cream for people to dollop on top.
I had thought about sour cream, from a stuffed baked potato like profile. The tomatoes/peppers would be roasted down pretty good so that they are reduced almost to a jam like state, and that layer will be thin.

Sounds delicious! Want to see what the finished product looks like - I might have to add this to my repertoire. Picked up a new smoker this year, and we cant get enough pulled pork lol. So good at such a good price point, with many different things to do with it.

I had thought about sour cream, from a stuffed baked potato like profile. The tomatoes/peppers would be roasted down pretty good so that they are reduced almost to a jam like state, and that layer will be thin.
Oh I see, yeah prepared that way the pepper/tomato layer would be really good. Changing course on what I said earlier, chipotle would probably overwhelm that "jam" layer, especially if it's thin. I'd say roll with what you've got. I'm predicting a crowd pleaser.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back