• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PSU QB Will Levis Enters Portal; Possibly Heading to Kentucky

Penn State's version of LM... good athlete and runner, not a great passer. Would be kind of ironic if he becomes Robinson's new QB at UK.

Exactly. Since UK hired a new OC from the LA Rams who's pitching an NFL style offense I don't understand why Levis would head to Kentucky. Unless of course he's convinced that guy can help him fix some mechanical issues that are preventing him from becoming a better passer. Kentucky's presumptive 2020 starter at QB Nik Scalzo tore his ACL before the season. He'll presumably be healthy for this season so I've gotta think he'd be #1 heading into spring/fall practice.

Penn State's version of LM... good athlete and runner, not a great passer. Would be kind of ironic if he becomes Robinson's new QB at UK.

He's got a much stronger arm than LM, and was listed as a pro style QB coming out of high school -- not a dual threat (though he can run). He also doesn't seem as mistake prone as Luke. Will Levis didn't throw an INT this season (on 55 pass attempts). Luke threw 6 INTs in 76 pass attempts.

Last edited:
He's got a much stronger arm than LM, and was listed as a pro style QB coming out of high school -- not a dual threat (though he can run).

I think his long passes are his best suit, not sure hes what they call a distributor of the ball, or a play maker using his feet AND passing, but he can run, big boy

He's got a much stronger arm than LM, and was listed as a pro style QB coming out of high school -- not a dual threat (though he can run). He also doesn't seem as mistake prone as Luke. Will Levis didn't throw an INT this season (on 55 pass attempts). Luke threw 6 INTs in 76 pass attempts.

I will admit to being surprised by the 0 INT's stat. I was going off of what I remember from the NU - Penn St. game, where it looked like Levis was ineffective passing except for busted coverages where a TE breaks free with no defender within 10 yards. He was tough to tackle as a runner... decisive, but not particularly fast. Thankfully, he went about 0-7 (maybe there was a short dump-off completion) on their two late trips inside the 15 yard-line.

I will admit to being surprised by the 0 INT's stat. I was going off of what I remember from the NU - Penn St. game, where it looked like Levis was ineffective passing except for busted coverages where a TE breaks free with no defender within 10 yards. He was tough to tackle as a runner... decisive, but not particularly fast. Thankfully, he went about 0-7 (maybe there was a short dump-off completion) on their two late trips inside the 15 yard-line.

Yeah, maybe not the ideal situation for Levis in that game. He entered right after Clifford fumbled and Deontai Williams scooped it for a score, putting NU up 24-3 in the 2nd quarter.

But he did somehow manage 219 yards passing playing the remainder of the game. Completed 5 passes on the final drive, but obviously couldn't punch it in.

I tend to think he's got solid potential as a passer -- and Penn State isn't pleased losing him. Sean Clifford is a turnover machine, so they are said to be looking for a transfer to compete for the starting job.

EDIT: I guess I would generally say, Levis may not be a great QB -- maybe not even all that good (TBD), but I doubt there's any plans for any team to try him out at RB or WR. :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back