• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PSU letter to season ticket holders / Thoughts?

Sometimes it can be a stretch to pay for my season tickets as well as the "donation" required to keep them, particularly this year. I would be pretty unhappy if I get a letter like this essentially holding me hostage. I live in Texas so at least I would not have the costs associated with making these games, but I would definitely consider asking for a refund and then just taking my chances, particularly since they are on TV for every game now which was not the case when I first obtained my tickets. I love the game day atmosphere, but we have a pretty good crowd in the North Texas Nebraskans group and watch sites.

Last edited:

I understand that they are hoping season ticket holders will financially support the program during this miserable time. It doesn’t say they won’t refund. It says that if you want a refund you won’t be guaranteed to get season tickets next season. That’s not unfair to me. They’re still trying to field a team and play the games this year despite the financial burden to the university. It’s not unreasonable to ask the supporters to help out if they have the means. If they don’t have the means, they can get a refund and hope to get season tickets next year. I won’t be surprised to see other programs do something similar.

I understand that they are hoping season ticket holders will financially support the program during this miserable time. It doesn’t say they won’t refund. It says that if you want a refund you won’t be guaranteed to get season tickets next season. That’s not unfair to me. They’re still trying to field a team and play the games this year despite the financial burden to the university. It’s not unreasonable to ask the supporters to help out if they have the means. If they don’t have the means, they can get a refund and hope to get season tickets next year. I won’t be surprised to see other programs do something similar.

They are definitely rolling the dice and quite frankly they have the upper hand as I’m sure ticket demand is fairly high there as well. But I would disagree that it’s not unfair. The university is definitely set to lose money this year given all the craziness but what about all those fans that are losing money ??? So what about their businesses or places that they work who are losing out......been shut down, losing revenue etc.

For those who are financially set, basically donating as suggested won’t be that big of a deal. But for those who this situation is seriously impacting, and they may need these discretionary funds back to offset the struggle...imo that would be unfair to penalize them even further, especially if they had been season ticket holders for a while..... supporting PSU even when they were at a low point not to many years ago given the heinous acts and cover ups that went on. So yea, I would view that as a bit unfair. They have to make a business decision and I don’t envy them, but if I were a PSU alum or long time season ticket holder I wouldn’t be happy.

Its a little harsh IMO ... option 3 means ... the seat licensing "donation" is lost no matter what. Cost of tickets will be refunded but you essentially go back to the end of the line in terms of priority.

If demand for seats/tickets exceeds supply ... sure fine, go ahead to do this but it is a bad look. But this is from a university that sure doesn't know how to correctly handle public relations. Maybe its that east coast arrogance!

Price is where supply equals demand, and I expect they have a good feel for that.

The ones most affected are those who have waited years to get good seats - they would lose their cherished seat locations, so they will pay up.

The organizations to which I subscribe that have had to cancel events are not so blessed and they ask for patrons to donate but don't punish you if you don't.

Here’s what OU is doing.

Over the last three weeks various conferences have announced changes to their 2020 football schedules, including the Southeastern Conference. At this time the Tennessee game is the only game affected, but further changes to OU’s 2020 football schedule may occur. The Big 12 Conference has yet to announce any finalized decisions to the current schedule; we will communicate additional information as it becomes available.
As we’ve continuously aimed to serve our Sooner Club members and season ticket holders in the best possible way, we will work in good faith to allow you the opportunity to reallocate any unused funds made for ticket and/or donation payments once the updated 2020 schedule has been finalized. With various decisions still to be determined for OU Athletics, additional information will be shared next week to allow you to make an informed decision.
Season ticket holders who do not feel comfortable attending games due to the COVID-19 pandemic will have the opportunity to opt out of the 2020 season without losing any future seating priority. In addition, seating locations being saved for the 2021 renewal period. Those who wish to opt out will have the same options to reallocate their unused funds as outlined for season ticket holders who wish to receive tickets for 2020 in the new scheduling format. You will have an opportunity to make this decision next week.

Ways You Can Reallocate Your Unused Ticket and/or Donation Payments
  • Donate to the Sooner Relief Fund
  • Transfer Payments to 2021
  • Request a Refund as an Exception to Our Refund Policy
These options will be made available to you once the 2020 schedule has been finalized.

What is the Sooner Relief Fund?
The impact football revenue has on athletic departments has been well-documented throughout the country. Ticket and donation revenue account for approximately 60% of OU Athletics' budget. Any alterations to a normal season will directly impact the resources available to the department this year.
The Sooner Relief Fund has been created to offset revenue shortfalls and to continue the championship standard of developing nearly 600 student-athletes. OU Athletics' preferred option for all season ticket holders is to reallocate any unused funds to the Sooner Relief Fund. By doing so, the department will reduce the revenue deficit from these changes, thus reducing the impact to the student-athlete experience.

Benefits of Making a Sooner Relief Fund Gift
  • Five Championship Points per $100 – a 5x greater value of Championship Points than seating contributions.
  • A bonus credit of 2x the amount donated to be applied toward membership levels for 2020 and 2021 membership years. Regular payments for 2021 will still be required but many members may experience an increased membership level and priority for parking, the Red River Showdown, away, conference championship and bowl game allocations.
  • Tax-deductible gift receipt for the donated amount.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back