• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PsU @ Iowa

Doesn't help Nebraska at all. An Iowa loss, and there was still a chance to win the West. That almost evaporated with Iowa's win.
Strength off schedule. We are not winning the west especially with tOSU on our schedule. Just want to beat someone like Iowa who’s highly ranked. NU is literally Iowa’s toughest remaining opponent.

Strength off schedule. We are not winning the west especially with tOSU on our schedule. Just want to beat someone like Iowa who’s highly ranked. NU is literally Iowa’s toughest remaining opponent.
WI is probably a bigger challenge. MN is similar. NU is in a 3-4 way battle for 2nd in the west.

Iowa #2 in the country! Highest rating since 85. Isn’t that when Hayden Fry beat us?
Chuck Long was a senior that year. We didn't play them that year. Hayden was the coach.

• Bill SnyderOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
  • Bill Brashier – Defensive Coordinator
  • Kirk FerentzOffensive line
  • Carl Jackson – Running backs
  • Del MillerOffensive assistant
  • Dan McCarneyDefensive line
  • Barry AlvarezLinebackers
  • Don Patterson – Defensive Backs
  • Bernie Wyatt – Defensive Ends/Recruiting Coordinator
  • Bill Dervich – Strength and Conditioning
  • Bob StoopsVolunteer Assistant
His assistants that year might ring a bell.

Chuck Long was a senior that year. We didn't play them that year. Hayden was the coach.

• Bill SnyderOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
  • Bill Brashier – Defensive Coordinator
  • Kirk FerentzOffensive line
  • Carl Jackson – Running backs
  • Del MillerOffensive assistant
  • Dan McCarneyDefensive line
  • Barry AlvarezLinebackers
  • Don Patterson – Defensive Backs
  • Bernie Wyatt – Defensive Ends/Recruiting Coordinator
  • Bill Dervich – Strength and Conditioning
  • Bob StoopsVolunteer Assistant
His assistants that year might ring a bell.
Wow, that flashes me back to 1985. I was early in my career practicing law in Denver and an old Stanford friend was getting a PhD. in Ann Arbor. He invited me to meet him in Iowa City for a Saturday night game under the lights (a novelty in those days). Number 1 Michigan with Bo Shembechler versus number 2 Iowa and Hayden Fry. I remember it was Iowa's first ever game under the lights. There were these tall temporary poles with lights on them, attached to large trucks. Iowa won on a last second field goal. Downtown Iowa City was fairly fun after the game! (wink)

Last edited:
Wow, that flashes me back to 1985. I was early in my career practicing law in Denver and an old Stanford friend was getting a PhD. in Ann Arbor. He invited me to meet him in Iowa City for a Saturday night game under the lights (a novelty in those days). Number 1 Michigan with Bo Shembechler versus number 2 Iowa and Hayden Fry. I remember it was Iowa's first ever game under the lights. There were these tall temporary poles with lights on them, attached to large trucks. Iowa won on a last second field goal. Downtown Iowa City was fairly fun after the game! (wink)
Nice memory. I used to go to a lot of Iowa football in the 50's. My grandad had season tickets and they also sold knot-hole tickets in the North endzone for $1.00. The Evashevski era was a grand time for the Hawks. He played for Michigan, all Big 10 for three seasons and as the quarterback blocked for Tom Harmon all the way to Tom's Heisman. He took Navy pre-flight in 1942 at Iowa City where my uncle, who was going to Iowa met him. Evy was quite a man, football player and coach.

Nice memory. I used to go to a lot of Iowa football in the 50's. My grandad had season tickets and they also sold knot-hole tickets in the North endzone for $1.00. The Evashevski era was a grand time for the Hawks. He played for Michigan, all Big 10 for three seasons and as the quarterback blocked for Tom Harmon all the way to Tom's Heisman. He took Navy pre-flight in 1942 at Iowa City where my uncle, who was going to Iowa met him. Evy was quite a man, football player and coach.
Very cool.

From Stewart Mandel's article in The Athletic today. I didn't realize how bad Iowa's offense actually was.

"For the No. 2 team in the country to rank No. 121 in offense (4.7 YPP) — one spot below UMass — is entirely unprecedented in the College Football Playoff era. There’s still a lot of skepticism surrounding the Hawkeyes, as great as they are defensively (No. 4), and in forcing turnovers (No. 1)."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back