• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Protocols strict everywhere

Any one who doesn’t realize the crave circumstances around this virus is certainly stupid. Are you in that crowd?
Craven does describe you, I'll give you that.

There aren't grave circumstances surrounding this virus to most people, unless you mean the lockdowns and mental health issues arising from the "cure".

Never thought I would be reading about PCR cycles when I started reading this board years ago. A lot of interesting back and forth here - most likely the answer lies in the middle where no one seems to be any longer. Agree we can't stay home, but disagree that we just go back to normal so we can reach herd immunity faster. Clearly that has resulted in overwhelming hospitals and we have to avoid that in the future. Masks have worked here in Texas, regardless of how you feel about the government telling you what to do. They are an essential tool to keeping our businesses open and getting them open at full capacity. Some good news - we are much better at treating patients now and have a better handle on how to prevent deaths. Bad news is we really don't understand the long-term effects of the virus (e.g. blood clots, etc.) so it is hard to know if mild symptoms are truly just that. For me I choose to go to work every day, I wear a mask, limit in person meetings if I can, and socially distance. Shutting down in not an option. Opening up completely is not an option. Arguing about it is an option, but I would rather be reading short side option's opinions about the offense and defense. :)

Never thought I would be reading about PCR cycles when I started reading this board years ago. A lot of interesting back and forth here - most likely the answer lies in the middle where no one seems to be any longer. Agree we can't stay home, but disagree that we just go back to normal so we can reach herd immunity faster. Clearly that has resulted in overwhelming hospitals and we have to avoid that in the future. Masks have worked here in Texas, regardless of how you feel about the government telling you what to do. They are an essential tool to keeping our businesses open and getting them open at full capacity. Some good news - we are much better at treating patients now and have a better handle on how to prevent deaths. Bad news is we really don't understand the long-term effects of the virus (e.g. blood clots, etc.) so it is hard to know if mild symptoms are truly just that. For me I choose to go to work every day, I wear a mask, limit in person meetings if I can, and socially distance. Shutting down in not an option. Opening up completely is not an option. Arguing about it is an option, but I would rather be reading short side option's opinions about the offense and defense. :)
Other countries count you as non-contagious with a PCR of 34 and above.

No masks are working in other states and other countries. They follow the same pattern, so to claim its the masks has little support.

Where I live in Texas, we had an outbreak in May when everything was locked down. The cases plummeted and recovered while the rest of the state spiked. And they dropped after resteraunts, stores and bars opened. Masks were then implemented and bars closed and the cases went back up. See how easy it is to use this logic as I could site our data and say it was getting better as we relaxed restrictions and it got worse once mask mandates were implemented.

Yeah - the Ct values for calling a positive here in the US are on the sensitive side for sure. Most believe it should be ~35 - although the test approved by the FDA requires two sites to be under 40 to call it a positive, which would greatly reduce the false positives. Hopefully the rapid antigen tests will be a better test.

Masks do work. In Houston we saw a similar pattern to what you described but our outbreak was a little earlier. But we were in pretty good shape until near the end of June when the mask order was mandated. For the next five weeks the TMC just completely shot up and nearly went over capacity. The virus load in the community and in people infected but not yet sick yet was responsible for the rise after the mask mandates. Since then Houston has continued a downward trend and we did not see the same spike after Labor Day that we saw after Memorial Day. Mandated masks are one of the main differences between those two holidays. The other being bars not being open. I do feel for the bar owners and hope they get a chance to reopen soon - hopefully with some better restrictions than they had going in May/June here in Houston. No one was wearing a mask then. Pretty much everyone is now.

Smaller schools Simply dont have the resources to test and keep players isolated to avoid spread. When NU was discussing testing protocols and and how to negotiate the season To keep players from getting it en masse, the South Dakota State coach stated that he had no idea, he‘d have to check with the state about getting testing set up, etc.. This has happened with numerous smaller schools. liberty, IIRC had some cancellations Because they werent being proactive. You cant rely on anyone that isnt under the same regulations or scrutiny you are, and even then...monitor and verify under penalty...that’s why the conference only schedules were prescient, IMO.
Yes but Houston and Baylor ... these are a P5 program and one that should be ... not SDSU.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back