• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prospective Depth Chart 2023/24

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member

.........let’s remember that the Big Ten is brutal. We also haven’t seen a single game. However, in the mindset of looking ahead, we should be able to make out a pretty good Nebraska basketball depth chart, and here’s my projection, as of now (with 11 players) heading into the 2023-24 season.

I will be surprised if Ramel Lloyd's only role is #3 PG on this team... he was good enough to play last year before he made the decision to redshirt. I think he can play the 1-2-3 role and that will get him on the court -- if he's hot when he' gets the chance, he will stick. HCFH wants to use 9 or more players, and that's more important than a five position depth chart.

Uhlis, Lloyd
Tominaga, Lawrence
Williams, CJ Wilcher
Gary, Allick
Mast, Keita

This ten has lots of cross-over positions. I think at the beginning of the year, you might see Uhlis, Lawrence and Hoiberg at point, but midseason you see more Lloyd (and maybe Williams) when Uhlis isn't out there. I could see Blaise Keita not playing much of a role at all and Mast and Allick playing the passing role for the 5. That would mean that Williams, Wilcher and Gary could be the 3-4 types, with Lawrence and Tominaga sometimes in the 3 role with a small lineup.

If the starters were Uhlis, Tominaga, Williams, Gary, and Mast, Nebraska could have a outside-in threat. I'm not sure what that looks like on defense. So much will depend on getting better shooting out of Gary, Uhlis and Allick -- and keeping Tominaga going. I'm looking forward to the season, and I really don't know what to expect from this group of players.

This is a really poor article
I see it this way
Starters
GP Uhils #2 Lloyd
SG Tominanga #2Williams
SF Lawrence - There hasnt always been a true 3 in FH system #2Loyd ( could see Wicher here instead at 2)
FP Gary #2 Alick
C Mast #2 Keita

Thats a 9 guy rotation, which I suspect would be what he wants. We may see a little Wilcher and a little SH in there at times, but I think their minutes are in trouble.

Last edited:
I will be surprised if Ramel Lloyd's only role is #3 PG on this team... he was good enough to play last year before he made the decision to redshirt. I think he can play the 1-2-3 role and that will get him on the court -- if he's hot when he' gets the chance, he will stick. HCFH wants to use 9 or more players, and that's more important than a five position depth chart.

Uhlis, Lloyd
Tominaga, Lawrence
Williams, CJ Wilcher
Gary, Allick
Mast, Keita

This ten has lots of cross-over positions. I think at the beginning of the year, you might see Uhlis, Lawrence and Hoiberg at point, but midseason you see more Lloyd (and maybe Williams) when Uhlis isn't out there. I could see Blaise Keita not playing much of a role at all and Mast and Allick playing the passing role for the 5. That would mean that Williams, Wilcher and Gary could be the 3-4 types, with Lawrence and Tominaga sometimes in the 3 role with a small lineup.

If the starters were Uhlis, Tominaga, Williams, Gary, and Mast, Nebraska could have a outside-in threat. I'm not sure what that looks like on defense. So much will depend on getting better shooting out of Gary, Uhlis and Allick -- and keeping Tominaga going. I'm looking forward to the season, and I really don't know what to expect from this group of players.
I dont Williams starts over lawrence. For one, Lawrence is primed to be a stud and for two, williams was coming off the bench a lot at his last place and being a spark. I suspect that too continue. JL is the better all around player and defencer

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back