• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Proper Replacement For Our Balloons?

Crusty

Perfectly Unorthodox
5 Year Member
Redited due to a misconception:
Okay so we keep seeing other teams getting rid of their balloons as well as others wanting Nebraska getting rid of their balloons. I am all for tradition and I am almost always hesitant getting rid of something near and dear but I am also a bit of a conservationist. So how can we keep the tradition of releasing the balloons without polluting or find something suitable to replace the balloons that still keep the tradition alive?

I have a few ideas:
1-Smaller Balloons
2-Confetti Shots
3-Paper Balloons
4-Red Smoke Shot Into The Air
5-Stop Caring

Just some thoughts. What are yours?

Last edited:

Tough one in my estimation, The balloons are biodegradable, we use cotton strings and there is no plastic involved.

I assume that group knows that. Maybe we should put up a billboard in Orlando and wherever they put one up.

But that would be a knee jerk and bad idea. I wonder if we have met with the group.

i'm certain stadium janitorial employees would object to #2

#4 would be entertaining, but logistically challenging - if a bunch of people "pop smoke" in rows 1-10, rows 80+ aren't going to see the game for a good long while, and good smoke canisters get pretty warm

Tough one in my estimation, The balloons are biodegradable, we use cotton strings and there is no plastic involved.

I assume that group knows that. Maybe we should put up a billboard in Orlando and wherever they put one up.

But that would be a knee jerk and bad idea. I wonder if we have met with the group.

I am no expert, are you sure that the balloons are already biodegradable? If so then I say we should send that group some red sand and tell them to pound it.

Let me think... ouch that hurts...

We could shoot up some sort of device that would explode a couple hundred feet above the stadium, creating a football shaped red smoke cloud the size of the stadium that would hover for 30-60 seconds. Done.

Helium is the problem for baloons... limited amount accessible on our planet. Also putting plastic / rubber everywhere isn't ideal, but it's all about Helium needed for medical uses.

Maybe we should throw frozen oranges?

Oh yea that's right. Helium! Cant get enough of that stuff. I'd think if its so rare and in demand, then the price would go up, right?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back