• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Projecting Offensive Depth Chart

I get what you're trying to say, but to be honest, who would be really be replacing? Boe Wilson is a C- player and Hixson has a pretty limited ceiling. Neither is the caliber of player that starts on a contending team.

I see guys like Benhart, Piper and Banks as positive signs that Austin is starting to get his room where it needs to be, but he's still a year or so away from it really being right. Those three are legit talents, but let's be honest, in a perfect world Benhart and Piper aren't where they are in the pecking order until next year if the line was where it should be.

I don't want to take away from the job Austin is doing. I'm a huge fan of his (IMO he'll be the first assistant on staff to be a HC someday). But I'd pump the breaks on being too impressed with replacing subpar talent like Wilson and Hixson. Frankly, it's what Nebraska has to do to get back to really being a legit player in the conference. It's a positive sign, though, absolutely.
All I was trying to imply was that if Piper (redshirt freshman playing in basically one game for 22 plays) beat out both a Senior with two years of starting (816 plays this last year) and a Junior with One year of starting (814 plays last years) that shows how much talent Piper has but I see your point for sure. And I agree with you there needs to be a higher talent level, higher effort level, a higher caliber of play throughout the o-line.

I can not tell you how excited i am to see Benhart start. He was literally head and shoulders above the rest of the team on the sideline when I went to the MD game last year. You could clearly see his helmet above all those around him. also he appeared wider at the shoulders than the rest of the linemen. Ad to that he was a national champion wrestler. potential is literally through the roof. (I do mean literally in that he probably bumps his head in some rooms.)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back