• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prohm to Alabama, then Hoiberg to ISU?

FWIW, Borchardt could return as well, I think he played one minute during his Sophomore year. I don't expect either he nor Trueblood will be back though.

I'm not sure Miles would want to coach another year without a long term contract. Better deals to be had elsewhere.

Why do you believe, Miles would not come back without a new contract? Do you think he has that card to play? Also, is Miles that kind of dealer?

I'm not sure Miles would want to coach another year without a long term contract. Better deals to be had elsewhere.

Are we sure? With having 4 losing seasons out of 7 how do we know someone is willing to pay him more than what's left on his contract? With a overall record at NU of 116–113 (.507), (as of right now), I wouldn't but, that's why I'm here behind a screen name & not doing the hiring and firing. :Biggrin:

Has any coach ever been fired, after winning the NIT? Hmmm! Food for thought! What say anyone?

It’s baffling to me why you continue your Miles campaign? If you’re satisfied with having a coach that is smiley and a great connector with the media, but flounders in basically every other aspect, then just say so. But I don’t think that’s what you want.

I do think you are caught up in not replacing captain smiley, and seeing Moos have to deal with something that isn’t ideal. Moos has had enough time watching the B1G to know good basketball, and what we have at Nebraska. If by some miracle, Miles wins the NIT, or makes it to the finals, and everyone goes bonkers that we need to keep him, it will cost the university at least $10 million in dead money. Because as sure as my thumbs are fumbling on my phone, Miles will fumble his way to about a .500 record, and we’ll have to can him because the Vault will be half empty.

Personally, I’d love to see a school tell the fan base that if they are so gung-ho about keeping a coach, that they create and contribute to a ‘go fund me’ page to facilitate a potential buyout if that coach is terminated. That might shed some light on the financial impact, and the responsibilities of the Athletic Department when it come to making these types of decisions. We could have 20,000 fans say they want to keep Miles, but are they willing to pony up $500 a piece to contribute to his farewell fund? If this were the real world, I would not be happy with that, and it would certainly change my feelings about the idea of coaches needing ‘long term contracts’.

Last edited:
i said that a long time ago. But Dawkins' son is a Jr on the team and has already transferred once.
Dawkins was known for always making it to the NIT earlier in his career. :) Step up, but maybe not as big a step as we are looking for.

Otzelberger ... one of the suggested candidates for the job took the UNLV position yesterday. Not that he was a strong candidate for NU but this is a definite step up for him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back