• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Programming Note: Illinois Spring Game

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member

Taste, I’ll take mine rare hoping it doesn’t come out well done

Did anyone watch it?
I missed it, something gotme busy.
I did read a bit on it.
They threw,they ran,they stuffed the blue and the orange blew them out.
It seems they don have much depth, they have at least one real nice rb, potentilly two good wrs, but their qb was sacked a few times.

They threw a lotmore than I expected them to, but then again, they may need to work on some pass pro is why

Did anyone watch it?
I watched the first few minutes, then had to go back to work. But I did tape the rest of it. Have to decide if the rest of it is worth watching.

I'm surprised that they have 21 seniors coming back (most of any D1 team). Apparently they think this year is going to be special. Bielema talks a good game. I know our opener won't be a cakewalk by any means. But I don't think they have a QB.

Last edited:
I watched the first few minutes, then had to go back to work. But I did tape the rest of it. Have to decide if the rest of it is worth watching.

I'm surprised that they have 21 seniors coming back (most of any D1 team). Apparently they think this year is going to be special. Bielema talks a good game. I know our opener won't be a cakewalk by any means. But I don't think they have a QB.
He can make some throws, if he has time.
But I dont think we will be giving him enough time

But I don't think they have a QB.

They'll go with Brandon Peters again. He's pretty average -- but he is very experienced, and he was successful against Nebraska last season. 18 of 25 passing for 205 yards and 1 TD (no INTs), 8 rushes for 36 yards and another TD.

I can't imagine Bielema wants Brandon Peters to do anything different than the majority of Wisconsin quarterbacks in the offenses he's familiar with. Just don't screw up and let the run game carry the offense. Peters didn't throw an INT in any game last season. He's a 6th year senior this season, so he's mature enough to not get rattled easily. Since I don't believe Bielema will ask Peters to carry the offense, I think he can do just fine.

Last edited:
They'll go with Brandon Peters again. He's pretty average -- but he is very experienced, and he was successful against Nebraska last season. 18 of 25 passing for 205 yards and 1 TD (no INTs), 8 rushes for 36 yards and another TD.

I can't imagine Bielema wants Brandon Peters to do anything different than the majority of Wisconsin quarterbacks in the offenses he's familiar with. Just don't screw up and let the run game carry the offense. Peters didn't throw an INT in any game last season. He's a 6th year senior this season, so he's mature enough to not get rattled easily. Since I don't believe Bielema will ask Peters to carry the offense, I think he can do just fine.
I thought I saw that his completion percentage was about 45% last year. His best performance must have been against us (no surprise).

I thought I saw that his completion percentage was about 45% last year. His best performance must have been against us (no surprise).

Yeah, 49% last season, 54% for his career. Nothing special, other than as you say, we tend to bring out career games from mediocre quarterbacks lol!

Anyhow, I don't think he's a detriment to what Bielema wants to do with his offense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back