• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Probably Don't Care but CFP Ranking - Nov. 12

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28067255/lsu-atop-cfp-georgia-beats-alabama-no-4

1. LSU (9-0)
2. Ohio State (9-0)
3. Clemson (10-0)
4. Georgia (8-1)
5. Alabama (8-1)
6. Oregon (8-1)
7. Utah (8-1)
8. Minnesota (9-0)
9. Penn State (8-1)
10. Oklahoma (8-1)
11. Florida (8-2)
12. Auburn (7-2)
13. Baylor (9-0)
14. Wisconsin (7-2)
15. Michigan (7-2)
16. Notre Dame (7-2)
17. Cincinnati (8-1)
18. Memphis (8-1)
19. Texas (6-3)
20. Iowa (6-3)
21. Boise State (8-1)
22. Oklahoma State (6-3)
23. Navy (7-1)
24. Kansas State (6-3)
25. Appalachian State (8-1)

Last edited:

Always interesting to see, still no reason to panic, a lot of time to play in or out over the next 3 weeks (plus championship week).

The Alabama bias is strong.

The Tide has zero wins over ranked opponents. Why should that qualify Bama as ranked significantly higher than, say, Minnesota -- who is undefeated AND has a win over the team ranked just below them?

The Alabama bias is strong.

The Tide has zero wins over ranked opponents. Why should that qualify Bama as ranked significantly higher than, say, Minnesota -- who is undefeated AND has a win over the team ranked just below them?

I don't think there is a team ranked behind Alabama that I think would beat Alabama.

There is absolutely an assumed level of quality associated with them as a program, but as of today I think it's earned and valid. That's not static and is subject to change, but I do think it's valid.

I don't think there is a team ranked behind Alabama that I think would beat Alabama.

There is absolutely an assumed level of quality associated with them as a program, but as of today I think it's earned and valid. That's not static and is subject to change, but I do think it's valid.

I think Bama is overrated by their standards, if that makes sense.

I think Bama is overrated by their standards, if that makes sense.

I don't think this is one of Saban's best teams if that's what you mean. If so, we're in agreement. They still beat the dog snot out of most of the rest of the teams on the list.

I don't think this is one of Saban's best teams if that's what you mean. If so, we're in agreement. They still beat the dog snot out of most of the rest of the teams on the list.

I don't know because they haven't beaten anyone. They played one good team and just lost at home.

IMO it shows a lot of bias towards Alabama. They should not be ranked above an undefeated team. No 1 loss team should be.

It is giving Alabama a way back into the playoffs. I they win out and so does everyone else but Georgia. They are back into it. Even over a 1 loss PAC 12 champ.

They are setting it up for 2 SEC teams

I don't know because they haven't beaten anyone. They played one good team and just lost at home.

The ‘they haven’t beaten anyone’ argument doesn’t usually get much traction when you start looking at the other teams involved. Minnesota beat PSU, who.....wait for it...hasn’t beaten anyone. Iowa and Michigan aren’t teams that would fare well against top competition. Now I do get sick of SEC teams being allowed to lose because they’re so much better, but Alabama’s only real competition in the B1G this year would be Ohio State.

The ‘they haven’t beaten anyone’ argument doesn’t usually get much traction when you start looking at the other teams involved. Minnesota beat PSU, who.....wait for it...hasn’t beaten anyone. Iowa and Michigan aren’t teams that would fare well against top competition. Now I do get sick of SEC teams being allowed to lose because they’re so much better, but Alabama’s only real competition in the B1G this year would be Ohio State.

I don't know, Bama's defense is not really good. Now do I really believe Minnesota would beat Bama? Probably not. But based on body of work so far, there is no way Bama should be ahead of them.

I don't know, Bama's defense is not really good. Now do I really believe Minnesota would beat Bama? Probably not. But based on body of work so far, there is no way Bama should be ahead of them.

That’s the other sides of type coin.

What they’ve done vs what they’re capable of.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back