• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prince isn’t that good

Anyone that has ever been to the purple palace would be in awe of just the unreleased collection of music he had/has One of the best guitarists out there and every album brought new direction

Live has to be top 5 best show i have ever been to.

You don't have to be a fan of his music to understand that Prince was worthy of all of the hype he received -- and that hype will likely only grow as time passes. You only have to understand the art of music.

This sums it up. For the most part, price isn't my thing...although there are a handful of songs I won't turn off when they come on. And I'm far from a music afficianado...I like what I like without too much analysis. That said I can respect certain individuals/bands that I can't/don't have interest in listening too.

Can't stand Pearl Jam mainly because I find Eddie Vedder to be a bore. But his talent is undeniable. I like Foo Fighters but have no issue with those who don't...until they try to tell me Dave Grohl is just another guy with a drum kit. Most hip hop is not all that pleasing to my ear but there are a shyt ton of "rappers" who are incredibly talented. Hell, michael Jackson was a full on freak and 99% of his music blows IMO....talented sob though.

Somehow it seems that to acknowledge someone's talent is to endorse everything about them. Not the case.

I actually like some of Kid Rock's music, but he's not close to on the same level musically. Taste in music is one thing and I get it if you're not a fan of Prince's music, but there is a huge difference in talent there.
I'd go see a kid rock show before a prince show (if alive obviously) 6 out of 7 days...and there's no comparison in TALENT...Prince, hands down.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back