• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prince isn’t that good

D

Deleted member 278

I’m watching AXSTV Slave Trade:How Prince re-made the music business.

I guess I like Purple Rain but I don’t see what the big hype is about Prince. Is it the way he died?

I’m watching AXSTV Slave Trade:How Prince re-made the music business.

I guess I like Purple Rain but I don’t see what the big hype is about Prince. Is it the way he died?

I'm not a huge fan of his music, but he was a great musician and actually was way out in front of things in the industry. He could do it all. Lyricist, songwriter and I don't know that there is an instrument he couldn't play at a professional level. He also was a forward thinker when it came to mixing music styles and promoted and produced other acts.

I'm not a huge fan of his music, but he was a great musician and actually was way out in front of things in the industry. He could do it all. Lyricist, songwriter and I don't know that there is an instrument he couldn't play at a professional level. He also was a forward thinker when it came to mixing music styles and promoted and produced other acts.

I understand what you are saying, I think. I’m not sure he is worth the hype?

From this AXSTV show I can see how he might have revolutionized the music business.

I remember when he died there was so much hype about him. I think that might have been excessive.

Hell of a basketball player as well.

I understand what you are saying, I think. I’m not sure he is worth the hype?

From this AXSTV show I can see how he might have revolutionized the music business.

I remember when he died there was so much hype about him. I think that might have been excessive.

Yeah, I don't know. I suppose it was the same for people who loved Elvis. I thought he had a decent voice and was a great performer. Damned sure didn't think he was the 'King'. At least Prince has musical chops. I respect that. Don't know if he was overhyped or not. He did die way too early, which is part of it, but I remember much more media attention when Michael Jackson died, who I thought was a legitimate musical waste of time.

The hype -- if anything -- is undervalued.

Prince is the very rare performer that could do it all. And do it all well.

Singer, songwriter, dancer, accomplished playing many instruments. Just about anyone else in the industry could only put check marks by two -- maybe three of those. There is not an individual in the music industry that didn't respect the hell out of Prince.

I believe they are still going through the thousands of songs he wrote that were never released.

Prince also holds the honor of performing the best Super Bowl halftime in history. You'll have a hard time finding any legitimate analysis that doesn't agree. It was magical -- and may never be topped.

On top of all of that, Prince was "real." For all of the over-the-top costumes he wore, he was widely known as very down-to-earth. A gentle soul. Not an egomaniac. Just a normal guy with incredible talents.

You don't have to be a fan of his music to understand that Prince was worthy of all of the hype he received -- and that hype will likely only grow as time passes. You only have to understand the art of music.

Last edited:
The hype -- if anything -- it's undervalued.

Singer, songwriter, dancer, accomplished playing many instruments. Just about anyone else in the industry could only put check marks by two -- maybe three of those. There is not an individual in the music industry that didn't respect the hell out of Prince.

I believe they are still going through the thousands of songs he wrote that were never released.

Prince also holds the honor of performing the best Super Bowl halftime in history. You'll have a hard time finding any legitimate analysis that doesn't agree. It was magical -- and may never be topped.

On top of all of that, Prince was "real." For all of the over-the-top costumes he wore, he was widely known as very down-to-earth. A gentle soul. Not an egomaniac. Just a normal guy with incredible talents.

You don't have to be a fan of his music to understand that Prince was worthy of all of the hype he received -- and that hype will likely only grow as time passes. You only have to understand the art of music.
Very well said. He was truly the "real deal".

This might help a bit. They guy was solid in so many ways as a musician. The video rocks, and says quite a bit about his ability to play the six string.

Clapton's original guitar playing on that song is one of my favorite musical pieces of all time. I'd have loved to hear Prince to the whole bit solo. Guy could flat out play.

The hype -- if anything -- is undervalued.

We’ve heard musicians often say I’m not going to sell out for commercial success versus staying true to their music. Is their noise when’s tree falls in the forest if no one hears it? Is the music good if no one but you wants to listen to it?

The show I watched was more about Prince challenging the financial aspects of the music industry. It seems he made progress in that aspect of the business.

Name the top 10 of Prince’s hits. I can’t name 10.

We’ve heard musicians often say I’m not going to sell out for commercial success versus staying true to their music. Is their noise when’s tree falls in the forest if no one hears it? Is the music good if no one but you wants to listen to it?

The show I watched was more about Prince challenging the financial aspects of the music industry. It seems he made progress in that aspect of the business.

Name the top 10 of Prince’s hits. I can’t name 10.
one of my favorites, when doves cry, and of course purple rain. little red corvette. not a big prince fan, so i dont recall all of his songs.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back