• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prime rib

215Husker

Recruit
5 Year Member
looking for opinions on the best way to cook and season prime rib. I have mine, Nothing special. Looking for new ideas hoping to find the prime rib gods receipe.

looking for opinions on the best way to cook and season prime rib. I have mine, Nothing special. Looking for new ideas hoping to find the prime rib gods receipe.
Give HuskerMark a PM about this question. He makes the best prime rib, smoked or not, that I've had in years.

My wife just gets on the internets every Christmas. There is always some sort of "rub" that goes on it and of course a meat thermometer to ensure the correct amount of "done-ness." Hers are superb, I know that. I think she uses allrecipes.com for the recipe.

When it comes to prime rib, I generally try to keep it simple. It's such a delicious, flavorful piece of meat all by itself. Slow cooking it in the oven with a simple sea salt and pepper rub is enough for me.

Just did my first run on my traeger. Was pretty good but I overcooked it a bit. Cooked a lot faster then I was told

I prefer to cut it into steaks and grill them. So ribeyes instead of standing rib roast or if the meat genuinely is "prime" the prime rib. For roasts I've always preffered the chateaubriand, there's so much un-marbleized fat on the rib roasts that I prefer to expose it to some direct heat to it and make it crunchy, whereas almost all of the fat in the chateau is marbleized so a quick sear to the eexposed surfaces and it's ready to roast and you don't have the big chunks of fat that aren't crisped up like on a slice of rib roast.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back