• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pretty sure we will lose a Q-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm no expert on Bubba, I did watch his interview after the game broadcast on ESPN and he appears to be a football guy first. This is also what I hear from people who follow HS football more than I do. He also has to be jacked up watching the offensive style under TM. He is a more phyisical version of TM and runs read option at GE.

I played baseball through college and honestly had I been a first rounder, and offered a decent bonus, I'd take it....when you compare the health aspects of the two sports you not only can have a longer career in baseball, but don't have to deal with the long term haealth issues that football career brings....

I wouldn't have taken it back then. I played football for 13 years and it was my first love. The money would have been tough to turn down but I think football would have won out if I were in his position when I was 17/18. Thinking back now, I would easily take the money and go for baseball. I have 25% of the cartilage left in my left knee at the age of 30. Have arthritis in my shoulder, back and knee. Football is hard on the body for years.

I played baseball through college and honestly had I been a first rounder, and offered a decent bonus, I'd take it....when you compare the health aspects of the two sports you not only can have a longer career in baseball, but don't have to deal with the long term haealth issues that football career brings....

.....and baseball pays more.

Just keep in mind that just because he's the BA High School player of the year, its not necessarily indicitive of where he'll be drafted.....he'll be a first rounder, but I've seen mocks where he could be out of the top ten....you never know, if his first love is football, and he's not picked where he thinks he should, maybe he plays football

Health issues are huge as you pointed out....baseball back then was my first love....so I can understand what you are you saying...

I wouldn't have taken it back then. I played football for 13 years and it was my first love. The money would have been tough to turn down but I think football would have won out if I were in his position when I was 17/18. Thinking back now, I would easily take the money and go for baseball. I have 25% of the cartilage left in my left knee at the age of 30. Have arthritis in my shoulder, back and knee. Football is hard on the body for years.

Bubba plays baseball.
Bubba makes lots of $$$.
Bubba blows out elbow.
Bubba heads back to college at 24.
Bubba leads DONU to three-peat MNCs in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back