• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Press Conference Thread. (At 3PM CDT: Will Be On BTN)

Two things I sort of wish he had said.

One, in reaching out to other coaches...college football is better when Nebraska is good and relevant. The football world wants Nebraska to be good and relevant and there are coaches who will share their knowledge and expertise in helping us to find and go after the right hire.

Two, the right hire is someone who believes in Nebraska. Doesn't have to have a previous connection to Nebraska, but we are not looking for someone to use us as a stepping stone to "something better." We can be that something better for the right coach.

"Tough guy fan" responded with some tough guy talk

I'm glad Mr Mathis at least confirmed what many of us have been saying all along, which is an obvious culture issue that remained 5 years into Scott's employment. This isn't something you blame Mike Riley for. You don't lose like this team has without serious issues not only between the ears of the players but amongst themselves and the coaching staff.

I'm glad Mr Mathis at least confirmed what many of us have been saying all along, which is an obvious culture issue that remained 5 years into Scott's employment. This isn't something you blame Mike Riley for. You don't lose like this team has without serious issues not only between the ears of the players but amongst themselves and the coaching staff.
And finally, Schaefer comes out and also confirms the obvious culture issues:

"Additionally, mistakes would be made and the same players would continue to see the field. Beyond increasing the chances of more mistakes it went against the idea of accountability and largely spoke to a lack of trust that seems to exist between the staff and elements of the roster."

And finally, Schaefer comes out and also confirms the obvious culture issues:

"Additionally, mistakes would be made and the same players would continue to see the field. Beyond increasing the chances of more mistakes it went against the idea of accountability and largely spoke to a lack of trust that seems to exist between the staff and elements of the roster."
Looking the part isnt playing the part.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back