• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Premier League 2017-18

City has always been the other team in Manchester ;)

I hear what you're saying. I agree. "Other teams" refer to the world beyond Chelsea. You've made the first step in recognizing it. It was just a matter of time until you came around. Congrats! The world is now a better place for you and your loved ones. All those years of disillusionment and confusion. Now life makes sense and you can really enjoy life and fulfill all those dreams you didn't know you had the strength to accomplish. Of course, this newly found joy will help you cheer for QPR as well. That utter disappointment felt through the years will become but a sidenote in the greater story of your new life.

;):Shout:

I hear what you're saying. I agree. "Other teams" refer to the world beyond Chelsea. You've made the first step in recognizing it. It was just a matter of time until you came around. Congrats! The world is now a better place for you and your loved ones. All those years of disillusionment and confusion. Now life makes sense and you can really enjoy life and fulfill all those dreams you didn't know you had the strength to accomplish. Of course, this newly found joy will help you cheer for QPR as well. That utter disappointment felt through the years will become but a sidenote in the greater story of your new life.

;):Shout:

Funny guy....City has always been the other team as the Angels are in the LA area where I grew up. They have no history or pedigree nor does Chelsea :Banana: Like it or not

As for Chelsea funny to see so y'all jumping on that bandwagon because of the winning. Not what nor ever will be what English football is about. Your born into club and support them through thick and thin, relagation and promotion etc. Its not a johnny come lately thing when you pick a team later in life for all the obvious reasons

Oh and QPR until I am dead . :nod:

What about Watford, sitting with 11 points? That's a pretty good start to the season. Also, does Crystal Palace flirt with Derby County's 11 points in the 2007-08 season?

641 minutes. That's how long CPalace went without scoring. Chelsea shows up and gives up 2 and honestly, it should have been at least 4.

How many times do we have to watch Cahill get caught high, because he's trying to be a midfielder, before he's relegated to FA cup matches only?

How many times has Luiz been caught stabbing instead of defending this year? It's like he forgot what reinvented his career last year.

Last edited:
641 minutes. That's how long CPalace went without scoring. Chelsea shows up and gives up 2 and honestly, it should have been at least 4.

How many times do we have to watch Cahill get caught high, because he's trying to be a midfielder, before he's relegated to FA cup matches only?

How many times has Luiz been caught stabbing instead of defending this year? It's like he forgot what reinvented his career last year.

Damn that is a very bad loss to arguably the worst team in the league

Chelsea had better get it together and soon or they may struggle to get into the CL

United draw with Liverpool and still undefeated

Blah. That's how I feel after this week of soccer. I've never understood the amount of adulation Cahill gets. Luiz is Luiz. The moment of brilliance he displays every so often is out-weighed by his moments of being a bonehead. People focus on the brilliance too much.

Damn that is a very bad loss to arguably the worst team in the league

Chelsea had better get it together and soon or they may struggle to get into the CL

United draw with Liverpool and still undefeated

That's what I'm most concerned about now. Just finish in the top 4.

Blah. That's how I feel after this week of soccer. I've never understood the amount of adulation Cahill gets. Luiz is Luiz. The moment of brilliance he displays every so often is out-weighed by his moments of being a bonehead. People focus on the brilliance too much.

That's what I'm most concerned about now. Just finish in the top 4.

You should be concerned because right they look like a mid-table team.

QPR sitting mid-table but only six points out of a playoff spot so in that sense not in bad shape at the moment

Iniesta. Left for dead by Enrique. Dwindling minutes. Impressing to everyone his better years were far behind him. Afraid to play him more than 55 minutes at a time. Poisoned his reputation so much with Barca brass that they would see it impossible to, not just present a new contract, but even consider it.

Fast-forward to fall 2017 and Valverde. Iniesta starting. Routinely playing 75+ minutes a game. Masterful as ever controlling the attacking half. Easily able to track back defensively. Given a lifetime contract to play as long as he's able to make the first team.

Just a wonderful case for how much a manager can kill a career. Is Iniesta on the wrong side of 30? Of course. Is he playing at the same level as when he was 26? Of course not. But he's shown he's still world-class. And he's showing it every week. Enrique chose Gomes over Iniesta.

I'll let that sink in.

How is that even possible? No manager is the world could confuse the talent difference between the two. So why did Enrique phase out Iniesta?

How about Sergi Roberto? Enrique at least made the change to fullback for him that revived his Barca career. He was a natural at the position and looked the part after, maybe, 3 starts. Yet, he had trouble cracking the starting lineup until the latter 1/2 of the season when he was the only healthy full back left on the team. Again, fast forward to 2017. Not only is he Barca's best fullback, he's a world-class attacking fullback. Easily one of the more dangerous in the attacking 3rd with vision, passing and scoring chances. How about Rakatic? Tough to find consistent minutes under Enrique at his natural position. Now he's the norm or first off the bench when not starting, routinely playing 3 different positions. No more random routine starts for Gomes, Vidal, Turan, Rafinha or even Denny Suarez, who I like but is just young.

Barca 2017 are beautiful to watch if you like possession play. So much more enjoyable than under Enrique who hated long switches but liked the long ball. I'd even wager you can see the player's happiness back again. A year older but 4 years better. I'm not sure they'll have the legs to finish it out, and they don't have the overall in-their-prime talent as Real, but it's been a really good year to root for the old guys with a manager that makes sense.

Well after this past week for Real, who knows what is going to happen there... really is Barca's for the taking.

Few big matches this weekend: Bayern v BVB, Man City v Arsenal and Chelsea v ManUre.

Didn't some idiot named Jika once state that City would be a disappointment this year?

I swear, my favorite reads are my horrendous preseason posts. To this end, I don't mind seeing Drinkwater play in Chelsea blue. He's actually pretty good as a minute-eater. I had no idea what a physical freak he was, athletically.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back