• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Premier League 2016-17

Isn't Alexis going to Chelsea next summer?

:mad:

Russian oil money is hard to pass up.

Alexis and Ozil might both be gone. There is no way Arsenal can pay them both. They are asking a fortune each. Arsenal seems more willing to let Ozil walk than Alexis, but who knows if Alexis even wants to stay. There have been rumors of disgruntlement. Scoring in droves helps that.

Alexis and Ozil might both be gone. There is no way Arsenal can pay them both. They are asking a fortune each. Arsenal seems more willing to let Ozil walk than Alexis, but who knows if Alexis even wants to stay. There have been rumors of disgruntlement. Scoring in droves helps that.

I know it sounds crazy right now, but I'd rather have Griezmann at Chelsea than Alexis. Not a knock on Alexis, but he needs a team where he play the 10 by himself. Can you imagine Alexis, Kane, Alli, Erickson, Lamela, Son.............at Tot? Man, if they were seriously wanting to put a stamp on the league, it seems to me that group would flourish in a 4-4-3 or similar.

I know it sounds crazy right now, but I'd rather have Griezmann at Chelsea than Alexis. Not a knock on Alexis, but he needs a team where he play the 10 by himself. Can you imagine Alexis, Kane, Alli, Erickson, Lamela, Son.............at Tot? Man, if they were seriously wanting to put a stamp on the league, it seems to me that group would flourish in a 4-4-3 or similar.

I think I'd rather have Ozil overall as a player... his vision and passing is some of the best in the world. If I was Arsenal, that's where my coin would go.

I understand the Sanchez is pretty salty, but to me his abilities are easier to find a replacement for. Things seem to have a changed for him a little bit being moved to the center of the pitch rather than as an out and out winger, but I really have my doubts whether he's able to physically handle that role over the length of the season. Mixing it up with big CBs is much different than scooting around FBs.

And Jika, do you think Tot could do that? Also, I highly doubt they'll be back in the Champions League next year and I don't see Sanchez going anywhere he can't play in the CL.

I think I'd rather have Ozil overall as a player... his vision and passing is some of the best in the world. If I was Arsenal, that's where my coin would go.

I understand the Sanchez is pretty salty, but to me his abilities are easier to find a replacement for. Things seem to have a changed for him a little bit being moved to the center of the pitch rather than as an out and out winger, but I really have my doubts whether he's able to physically handle that role over the length of the season. Mixing it up with big CBs is much different than scooting around FBs.

And Jika, do you think Tot could do that? Also, I highly doubt they'll be back in the Champions League next year and I don't see Sanchez going anywhere he can't play in the CL.

I would disagree about finding a replacement for Sanchez. Arsenal have been trying to sign a truly elite striker for years and have come up short. Higuain, Cavani, Suarez, Lukaku to name a few off the top of my head. All strike outs. The last several seasons they would trudge out Olivier Giroud and then complain when he would go 10 matches without a goal. Last year, they tried to make Theo Walcott a striker. Fail. FYI, I love Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott on the wings. Talk about making a back line piss their britches. Coupled with Sanchez, that is some serious pace. So, while Sanchez is typically more comfortable on the wing and isn't the hold up play man that Giroud is, he finishes and is pretty lethal in the counter attack.

I don't know if Arsenal has another number 10 in mind if Ozil walks. There certainly isn't anyone that comes to mind readily on the squad. Probably Cazorla, but he is always injured.

I completely agree that the Spuds aren't landing Sanchez. Not enough $$$. They have been a bit of a disappointment so far this season.

Tottenham has a lot of young talent. They don't have the resources to bring in Sanchez. Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, or Real Madrid. I don't see him winding up anywhere else.

Tottenham has a lot of young talent. They don't have the resources to bring in Sanchez. Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, or Real Madrid. I don't see him winding up anywhere else.

I think Tot has the ability if they stretch, but also think they pride themselves on not shelling out $100M for any single player.

That said, other than Kane, no one on that roster jumps out to win games seemingly on their own. But I like their coach, they do things the right way, they play within themselves and have had very good seasons lately. So, I would agree, they won't touch the Alexis Summer Fund-Me Campaign.

Oscar for 60M to China?

(I'm doing a transfer dance)

And by the way, 60M for Oscar suddenly means Griezmann to Chelsea goes from pipe dream..... into the realm of possibility. Greiz recently said he wants to play in the EPL. So did Veratti, who if he stays healthy, is certainly someone Chelsea would love to have running around doing various box-to-box things. Koke has also publicly stated he wants to experience the EPL at some point and would be interesting.

I have a feeling the summer transfer totals are going be ridiculous worldwide.

Azpilicueta signed a 3.5 year extension.

Chelsea did well keeping their most important defensive player around.

Bob Bradley fired.

Swansea. It all starts at the top. If the owners suck, and the GM sucks, well...............I feel for the Swansea fan base.

Bob Bradley fired.

Swansea. It all starts at the top. If the owners suck, and the GM sucks, well...............I feel for the Swansea fan base.

That team is a disaster and has big time money issues. Good luck finding anyone who has a clue to take that job.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back