• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Premier League 2016-17

OK, here's my Chelsea part!

Kante to Chelsea. Love the move, but I have NO IDEA what Conte will do this year. Interest in Mahrez, but with Willian/Pedro/Cuadrado all available opposite to Hazard......we are going to see some movement.

Chelsea lost 0-2 to Vienna Whoever today and from what I saw, Ivanovich's 2015-16 campaign was no fluke. He's done. D-O-N-E. It's amazing how fast it happens for some.

We need a CB really, really, really, really, really, really badly. Stones would have been nice. But I like Koulibaly just as much and he'll cost 30M less in transfer fees (hopefully).

With the Batshusyi signing, what I'd love to see is:

1. Get Koulibaly - overpay if you have to, because you cannot win in the EPL with Terry/Cahill/Ivanovich manning the back.
2. Transfer out: Pedro, Obi Mikel, Oscar, Willian, Ivan
3. Transfer in: Mahrez. PROBABLY HAVE $ TO SIGN QUALITY DEPTH X1 here (even with Mahrez fee + Willian/Oscar fee in = big talent)
4. Keep all else. Loans galare again. But KEEP the youth talent. At least 2 of them will be studs someday.

4-4-2 is what I'll predict Conte goes with. Here's your regulars:

ST: Costa, Batshusyi
Wing: Hazard, Mahrez, Cuadrado
CM: Matic, Kante, Fabs
FB: Azpi, Kenedy, Baba
CB: Koulibaly, Zouma, Cahill, Terry

Loftus-Cheek, Traore, Remy definitely game squad players. The rest will be interesting.

Here's what I know. If Obi-Mikel is in the starting 11 on opening day, Chelsea will not be finishing in the top 4.

Last edited:
Since RR asked:Lol:, I'll go ahead and list the young/loan talent Chelsea has accumulated. I would be amiss not to mention, this is a sticking point with the Chelsea crowd. Not many opportunities with the first team under "he who shall not be named, otherwise known as -------".

Ake - Watford
Atsu - Malaga
Bamford - Norwich
I. Brown - Vitesse
Christensen - Borussia
Kalas - Fulham
Nathan - Vitesse
Moses - West Ham
Piazon - Reading
Salah - Roma
Solanke - Vitesse
Van Ginkel - PSV

Those are the big names. There is amazing talent there. Some are already proven, playing in the EPL/LaLiga/Bund/SerieA. Nathan is probably the one with the most upside, but that is highly debatable.

HWSNBN/-------- didn't have any intention of developing any of this. Let's hope Conte sees it differently, because there are serious future first-teamers here.

Add in the list the youth starting out with the 1st team this year: Aina, Miazga, Traore, Kenedy....and you are stacked with young talent.

Last edited:
Since RR asked:Lol:, I'll go ahead and list the young/loan talent Chelsea has accumulated. I would be amiss not to mention, this is a sticking point with the Chelsea crowd. Not many opportunities with the first team under "he who shall not be named, otherwise known as -------".

Ake - Watford
Atsu - Malaga
Bamford - Norwich
I. Brown - Vitesse
Christensen - Borussia
Kalas - Fulham
Nathan - Vitesse
Moses - West Ham
Piazon - Reading
Salah - Roma
Solanke - Vitesse
Van Ginkel - PSV

Those are the big names. There is amazing talent there. Some are already proven, playing in the EPL/LaLiga/Bund/SerieA. Nathan is probably the one with the most upside, but that is highly debatable.

HWSNBN/-------- didn't have any intention of developing any of this. Let's hope Conte sees it differently, because there are serious future first-teamers here.

Add in the list the youth starting out with the 1st team this year: Aina, Miazga, Traore, Kenedy....and you are stacked with young talent.

Chemistry will be an issue with that big of a turnover. Lot of guys from lower teams to boot. We shall see.

I do not see a Top 5 finish based on that if no other reason.

Looks as if I completely missed the part where Willian signed a new 4-year contract. That takes my Mahrez move off the board. Damn.

Chemistry will be an issue with that big of a turnover. Lot of guys from lower teams to boot. We shall see.

I do not see a Top 5 finish based on that if no other reason.

I think anywhere from 5-7 is about right. If Hazard goes all 2014-15 on the league, then 4th might be possible. If we can't get a high-end CB, then it's over before it began. Zouma is out until probably January. Does anyone feel good about Cahill being the best of that backline? That dude is worth about 5 complete lapses every game.

QPR with a new manager this year in Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink who played 10 years in the EPL as a striker scoring 197 goals including 70 for Chelsea in his four stint from 2000-2004. Also played a year at Athletico Madrid and scored 24 goals. Played 23 times for the Dutch scoring 9 goals.

Has worked his way up the coaching ladder the past 5 years and earned each promotion to a better job. I like seeing that instead of just giving someone a gig. Very yougn team this year so I am very hopeful. WE have quit throwing good money a way on over the hill players.

Looks as if I completely missed the part where Willian signed a new 4-year contract. That takes my Mahrez move off the board. Damn.

I'm good with that. I enjoyed watching Willian last year - pretty much the only reason to watch Chelsea last year.

They have a fairly deep squad, with a lot of youth, so it will be interesting to see how Conte moves those pieces around, especially with no CL. And I agree about Ivanovic at least as a FB. Can they survive with Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic and possibly Miazga until Zouma comes back? Doubtful, but who knows. If they play with two up top, that may take some of the pressure off the back line, along with Konte in front of the CBs.

For interesting news of the day: Apparently ManU representatives are in Italy today to secure Pogba's transfer with a reported fee of GBP100M/120M Euros. Unreal.

Also not BPL, but Gotze is heading back to Dortmund from Bayern.

For interesting news of the day: Apparently ManU representatives are in Italy today to secure Pogba's transfer with a reported fee of GBP100M/120M Euros. Unreal.

Check out the players BVB signed for the same amount ManU paid for Pogba alone.

Jose loves to spend other people's money. Chemistry be damned. In a couple of years when he is gone maybe the Glazier brothers will realize what a mistake it was. Going ot cost them dearly though.

Check out the players BVB signed for the same amount ManU paid for Pogba alone.

Yeah, BVB got in on some good talent this summer...

I also agree with Paul Scholes - Pogba may be talented, but he isn't worth that type of money - if you're going to spend that type of money, maybe a player who can score 50+ goals is the only one worth it like a Messi or Ronaldo.

Pogba apparently going through a physical... is this really going to happen?

Also Mr Guzan has been signed by Middlesbrough. Will be interesting if he becomes #1 keeper with competition from Valdes.

Pogba apparently going through a physical... is this really going to happen?

Also Mr Guzan has been signed by Middlesbrough. Will be interesting if he becomes #1 keeper with competition from Valdes.

Jose per his MO spending huge $$. It will not work.

Not a good move (other than the big salary) for Guzan signing on with a newly promoted thus more than likely a team who will be in the relegation zone most of the season.

Valdes has played little at the club level the past two years.

Have a couple of good friends who run a futbal shop in the Ogden, UT area who are from Middlesbrough.

Last edited:

Julian Green with a hat trick for Bayern today. Not the stiffest test, but that's got to help his confidence.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back