• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Premier League 2015-16

I think back of when I was writing that post regarding Leicester first several games and how they may be near the top of the EPL come winter. I thought it was nothing more than something fun to watch. But they weren't just winning, they were beating teams and doing it the right way. When their schedule turned, by that time, they had many of us believers in their team. And then, after all that, they didn't let up or suffer a bad stretch. Just a fantastic season all around. Does anyone, anywhere not like the fact that Leicester is going to win the prem?

I love watching Longball City. They have been world class this season. My team, Arsenal, pulled their usual shenanigans. I have never seen a team dominate possession and do so little that is tactically threatening with that possession. If the name of the game was making passes around the outside of the penalty area without any semblance of creativity, Arsenal would be world class. It's like Tika-taka but nothing happens.

Leicester is so fun to watch because they always seem to be on the verge of getting scored on and then get possession and counter like rabid ferrets. Mahrez and Vardy get out into space and in the blink of an eye, they are creating a scoring chance. You have to give Raineiri credit because that is a team that is all on the same page and know exactly what they are doing.

Yes. My 21 year old son's favorite team is Tottenham.

But, he should be excited. Spurs look like this year isn't a fluke. They have a really solid core of young talent. Harry Kane is the best striker in the PL.

The Spurs are trending up and that pains me as a fan of their bitter rivals

I love watching Longball City. They have been world class this season. My team, Arsenal, pulled their usual shenanigans. I have never seen a team dominate possession and do so little that is tactically threatening with that possession. If the name of the game was making passes around the outside of the penalty area without any semblance of creativity, Arsenal would be world class. It's like Tika-taka but nothing happens.

Leicester is so fun to watch because they always seem to be on the verge of getting scored on and then get possession and counter like rabid ferrets. Mahrez and Vardy get out into space and in the blink of an eye, they are creating a scoring chance. You have to give Raineiri credit because that is a team that is all on the same page and know exactly what they are doing.

A striker that makes quick powerful runs AND DEMANDS the ball. That's what the Gunners have been without and why they continue to ticky tack their way out of too many wins. No one, and I mean no one, get less out of so much midfield talent as Arsenal. A midfielders attacking philosophy should be to control possession and generate danger. They actually do both but with the latter, the danger is only mild to moderate for the majority of the game. They need a disrupter. Can you imagine having a Suarez, Benzema or even Bale demanding the ball and creating havoc in the middle? Generally, I'm not into firing successful managers, but Wegner needs to go. He's like Pelligrini. Just good enough to finish top 4 or 5 but......damn, Arsenal and City, with their talent, should be winning the EPL regularly and should be 8 points clear of everyone else.

Man U is the real question mark for me. So much young talent. So much ability to fill the roster. If Van Gaal would just give them an identity.....

Leicester! Champions!

Just finished watching the Chelsea-Tot game. It ends 2-2, giving Leicester the title. I DVR'd the game and am sooooo glad I did. What a game. Maybe the most physical game I've seen this year. Complete with fights, cheap shots, something like 12 yellow cards. Somehow, no one was sent off. Dier should have been giving a 2nd yellow in the last couple minutes. Fights from the subs in the tunnel after the game. And then.......there was the return of one Eden Hazard. Came in at half and dominated the second. Everything we saw last year......the burst, the speed and leg......it was all there. God, Chelsea is a different team with him playing like that.

Anyway, I've somehow got to settle down and go to bed.

What a night! Hell, Stamford Bridge was even chanting, "Leicester, Leicester!" during the closing 10 minutes. Absolute hate for Tot. It was fantastic.

Leicester are your champions!

Last edited:
Leicester! Champions!

Just finished watching the Chelsea-Tot game. It ends 2-2, giving Leicester the title. I DVR'd the game and am sooooo glad I did. What a game. Maybe the most physical game I've seen this year. Complete with fights, cheap shots, something like 12 yellow cards. Somehow, no one was sent off. Dier should have been giving a 2nd yellow in the last couple minutes. Fights from the subs in the tunnel after the game. And then.......there was the return of one Eden Hazard. Came in at half and dominated the second. Everything we saw last year......the burst, the speed and leg......it was all there. God, Chelsea is a different team with him playing like that.

Anyway, I've somehow got to settle down and go to bed.

What a night! Hell, Stamford Bridge was even chanting, "Leicester, Leicester!" during the closing 10 minutes. Absolute hate for Tot. It was fantastic.

Leicester are your champions!

That second goal was pure class. The build up, the dribbling, the passing (even from Costa) and a picture perfect shot, all to knock Spurs off the title chase. Watching that goal in real-time was unbelievable. As soon as Costa hit Hazard in the box, I started celebrating. The only sad part of the goal was that it came in May, not in October.

That second goal was pure class. The build up, the dribbling, the passing (even from Costa) and a picture perfect shot, all to knock Spurs off the title chase. Watching that goal in real-time was unbelievable. As soon as Costa hit Hazard in the box, I started celebrating. The only sad part of the goal was that it came in May, not in October.

I couldn't tell if he curled it in or not. When the ball circled back in the net, and when I finally realized it went it, I let out some kind of strange prolonged noise. During my jump off the couch in order to freak out a little, I caught a glimpse of my wife looking at me like only then she realized she married a complete maroon. I really didn't care as I was about 3 feet away from 50" of TV replay of the goal, giggling like a school girl.

That really was the most entertaining game, live or otherwise, I've had the pleasure of watching this year. Last year it was the SKC comeback with 3 goals in the last 8 minutes or so to go from 2 down to a win. I was at that game, so that was pretty special. It's always pretty cool that the best games of the last 2 years were soooooo good that they will be, and are, easily remembered. And I'm pretty sure, I've never been so satisfied with a draw. It's not that I don't like Tot. I'm an American so I never developed the local hate that goes along with the rivalry. I was so happy because the style and utter ugliness of the game, along with the Hazard revival - atonement of a years' worth of crappy play, demanded a certain high level of unadulterated passion that we draw that game. It was pure joy. In fact, I have a huge smile on my face typing this, just thinking of the result.

It's not that I don't like Tot. I'm an American so I never developed the local hate that goes along with the rivalry.

You mean, you weren't chanting along with the Chelsea fans, to the Spurs fans: "You're (excrement). You'll never be champions of England." that I heard while watching yesterday? :)

My son, who went to a game at White Hart Lane a few weeks ago against ManU, said the Spurs fans were chanting something at ManU about being excrement, too.

Crazy Londoners. My son said the streets around the stadium were a little crazy before and after the game (and it was just ManU, not another London side). The local pubs, which were all jammed, only let in Spurs fans. Good idea. My son had his gear on, so he got in and they loved that an American for once was a Spurs fan, not a ManU or Chelsea or Arsenal fan, like most Americans.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back