• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Premier League 2015-16

Leicester is about to win the EPL. Chelsea has been a huge disappointment and looks like they are going to lose to day. Not a hard decision for NBC who is in the game to make money.

If you have Direct TV you can watch it on the high 400 channels. All EPL games are shown there.

Thank you NBC for showing the Leicester game on two channels and not broadcasting the Chelsea game. What a joke.

And with that.....they fix it. Thank God.

Leicester is about to win the EPL. Chelsea has been a huge disappointment and looks like they are going to lose to day. Not a hard decision for NBC who is in the game to make money.

If you have Direct TV you can watch it on the high 400 channels. All EPL games are shown there.

Yeah, NBC is supposed to show all the games except for weekday/night games.

They apparently screwed up the coverage a little bit today.

Chelsea came back to draw, by the way.

14 PL games straight without a loss and Hazard a complete no show this year. This is about finishing strong at this point and getting the youth touches. Chelsea REALLY need to part with Oscar after this year. And let's face it, Cahill needs to be sent packing. Terry needs a new 1-year contract. I get that he's 35. But he's also still their best defender. Hell, he'd play for 1/2 salary. Ivan was better than Cahill at CB.

They are pretty entrenched at tenth place. Liverpool who is in front of them has two games in hand. Chelsea has seven games left in the season. Like a I said a month or back very hard for them to make up the ground needed to finish at least fifth and qualify for the Europa League. The season is not all on Jose. Many of the players bare much of the blame too.

Chelsea is a mess and their chemistry sucks. Owner has thrown good money against bad and the revolving door on managers has not helped either.

Selling and buying players in the off season is not going to fix what is wrong with them.

Oh and draws do them little to no good at this point in the season.

Yeah, NBC is supposed to show all the games except for weekday/night games.

They apparently screwed up the coverage a little bit today.

Chelsea came back to draw, by the way.

14 PL games straight without a loss and Hazard a complete no show this year. This is about finishing strong at this point and getting the youth touches. Chelsea REALLY need to part with Oscar after this year. And let's face it, Cahill needs to be sent packing. Terry needs a new 1-year contract. I get that he's 35. But he's also still their best defender. Hell, he'd play for 1/2 salary. Ivan was better than Cahill at CB.

Nice to see the announcer calling out Pelligrini for not only playing a dumbass midfield strategy today but then not correcting it for over 1/2 the game. Playing 2 up and ignoring the central holding spots was asinine, especially against a dude like Carrick who will play that game all day long. I've been yelling at Pelligrini for 2 years and it's easy to see why City needs the change. That, and that team is stale. Best roster in the league and they play like they 'kind of' care. The other thing I'll say is this. When I'm given the reigns to Parma (when they go up for resale at $0.01 next year), I won't have guys like Toure on my team. He's officially in his own world. Looks masterful one game, then lazy for the next 3. I don't care how good he could be, the fact is, he just kills their midfield when he mopes around in games he doesn't want to give effort in. His mentality seems to have infected the team. I will guarantee you Pep isn't going to stand for it.

Man U has the best promising young scorers in the league right now, I think. Very impressed. The announcer also fantastically pointed out Van Gaal's ridiculous "I'll play 10 different formations in 12 games" strategy. I'm sure RR will agree. This Man U team should be much better. For all the hand wringing about defensive liability, their certainly have a been situation than City has now. DeMichaelis looks like aged 5 years in the past 12 months. Mangala certainly didn't make a jump this year.

I spoke to my Uncle in England and he is a pretty pragmatic man when it comes to football and summed up the issue and where the problem lies at United: Van Gaal.

Yes United should be much better and still have a shot at the Champions League in 16-17. Just think how much better they would be with the right manager.

City is much like Chelsea. To many transfers and in many cases the wrong type of character guys and thus messed up chemistry. Bottom line guys who just want a paycheck and a big career payday and do not want to earn it.

Nice to see the announcer calling out Pelligrini for not only playing a dumbass midfield strategy today but then not correcting it for over 1/2 the game. Playing 2 up and ignoring the central holding spots was asinine, especially against a dude like Carrick who will play that game all day long. I've been yelling at Pelligrini for 2 years and it's easy to see why City needs the change. That, and that team is stale. Best roster in the league and they play like they 'kind of' care. The other thing I'll say is this. When I'm given the reigns to Parma (when they go up for resale at $0.01 next year), I won't have guys like Toure on my team. He's officially in his own world. Looks masterful one game, then lazy for the next 3. I don't care how good he could be, the fact is, he just kills their midfield when he mopes around in games he doesn't want to give effort in. His mentality seems to have infected the team. I will guarantee you Pep isn't going to stand for it.

Man U has the best promising young scorers in the league right now, I think. Very impressed. The announcer also fantastically pointed out Van Gaal's ridiculous "I'll play 10 different formations in 12 games" strategy. I'm sure RR will agree. This Man U team should be much better. For all the hand wringing about defensive liability, their certainly have a been situation than City has now. DeMichaelis looks like aged 5 years in the past 12 months. Mangala certainly didn't make a jump this year.

Chelsea with a 4-0 win today over a HAPLESS Villa squad.

A couple points:

1. Miazga made his Chelsea debut coming on for injury. Looked all sorts of nervous but not a bad showing overall. In fact, after the nervous start he playing pretty solid albeit against.........Villa.

2. Pato. Another debut. He looked tired, but effective enough. He does the unseen things well, i.e. pulls defenders away from the action, positions well, runs the right angles. I liked what I saw. He's a different player from Remy. More skill, much more skill off the ball. He's got a small frame and doesn't play solid like other successful smaller players (Aguero, for example). But time and playing time will tell if he can be successful in the EPL. I will say this, I think he would pair VERY well with Costa up top should Chelsea ever go back into a 4-4-2.

3. Villa. Their defense is every bit as bad as I knew it was. Poor Guzan. What a mess. I hate to say it, but he probably need to look at other options should he want to finish his career winning more than losing because Villa isn't even close. And they most definitely don't have the ability to pull a Leicester. At all.

Last edited:
Chelsea with a 4-0 win today over a HAPLESS Villa squad.

A couple points:

1. Miazga made his Chelsea debut coming on for injury. Looked all sorts of nervous but not a bad showing overall. In fact, after the nervous start he playing pretty solid albeit against.........Villa.

2. Pato. Another debut. He looked tired, but effective enough. He does the unseen things well, i.e. pulls defenders away from the action, positions well, runs the right angles. I liked what I saw. He's a different player from Remy. More skill, much more skill off the ball. He's got a small frame and doesn't play solid like other successful smaller players (Aguero, for example). But time and playing time will tell if he can be successful in the EPL. I will say this, I think he would pair VERY well with Costa up top should Chelsea ever go back into a 4-4-2.

3. Villa. Their defense is every bit as bad as I knew it was. Poor Guzan. What a mess. I hate to say it, but he probably need to look at other options should he want to finish his career winning more than losing because Villa isn't even close. And they most definitely don't have the ability to pull a Leicester. At all.

The announcers said it, and I thought it, Chelsea probably could have put up 7 or 8 if they really wanted to, as could about any of the top teams vs AV... what a mess is right. I think its going to be a while before we see them back in the highest division.

It was nice seeing all of the new/young faces on the pitch for Chelsea too. While from looking at the table, 7th might be about the best they can attain, might as well get the younger guys out there. Loftus-Cheek is going to be a stud, Kenedy has great pace, Traore has a nose for goal although not sure if he's ready to lead the line, and even Clarke-Salter made an appearance.

What's your thoughts on Conte? He seems to be an interesting choice. Is there any reason why Hiddink wasn't given a chance? I know he was interim, but it seems like he has a really good relationship with the players and has been a calming presence. Either way, Conte is going to have a lot of choices to make re: the squad for next year. Lots of noise about the players who supposedly want out - Courtois, Costa, Hazard, and Fabs - and those that probably will leave or be sold - Matic, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Oscar, Pedro, Remy, Falcao, and Pato. I understand that every year there is usually a lot of turnover, especially after a season such as this plus a new manager wanting some of his 'own guys', but it would seem to me they need to be cautious about how much they do turn over. This will be his first time in the BPL, and there is a definite contrast in play compared with Serie A, which is what he is most familiar with. I think they need to keep Courtois and Terry for at least another season to help with continuing to mentor Zouma and Miazga, and honestly Ivanovic hasn't looked too shabby as a center half, at least not getting fleeced down the right side anymore. I know I like Oscar more than you so he would stay for me, but at this point, I couldn't care less if Hazard goes, and same with Fabs. This season has been so disappointing for Hazard as he's been either hurt, out of form, or not really showing he cares. Fabs has been sort of the same, except at least he's been healthy and has shown a few more moments of brilliance. I liked what Pato showed and wouldn't mind seeing more of what he can offer. Thoughts on the transfer rumors of Costa leaving and bringing Lukaku back? That would be interesting.

Either way, the style of play is going to change with Conte. Most likely will see some (a lot?) 3-5-2/5-3-2, which seems to be his preferred, plus other variants like a 4-2-4 or 4-3-3 as it seems he enjoys tinkering with formations.

Do my ears deceive me, or is the great Ian Darke calling the West Ham/Arsenal match this morning on NBCSports? How did this come about?

For my son's 21st birthday in January, I gave him two 15th row, long side tickets to the Spurs match against ManU yesterday. Cost me a pretty penny on the secondary market with the Spurs' performance this season being what it is. But worth it. He will only turn 21 once. He had the time of his life watching his beloved Hotspur score three goals in 5:40 after half time to let ManU, his least favorite team, know that the hot young teams in the league are Leicester and Tottenham, not any of the ones with the big names / bankrolls.

He sent me a video from inside a pub near White Hart Lane before the match, with the entire establishment chanting and singing, as well as one from his seats looking right down the top of the box at the attack end of the pitch where the Spurs scored their three goals.

I would have loved to be the one going to the match with him, but I know it was much more fun for him to be able to do it with a friend and former teammate who is also studying abroad this semester that he invited to meet him in London.

Last edited:
For my son's 21st birthday in January, I gave him two 15th row, long side tickets to the Spurs match against ManU yesterday. Cost me a pretty penny on the secondary market with the Spurs' performance this season being what it is. But worth it. He will only turn 21 once. He had the time of his life watching his beloved Hotspur score three goals in 5:40 after half time to let ManU, his least favorite team, know that the hot young teams in the league are Leicester and Tottenham, not any of the ones with the big names / bankrolls.

He sent me a video from inside a pub near White Hart Lane before the match, with the entire establishment chanting and singing, as well as one from his seats looking right down the top of the box at the attack end of the pitch where the Spurs scored their three goals.

I would have loved to be the one going to the match with him, but I know it was much more fun for him to be able to do it with a friend and former teammate who is also studying abroad this semester that he invited to meet him in London.

Very cool. Nice job on the gift. :thumbsup:

The announcers said it, and I thought it, Chelsea probably could have put up 7 or 8 if they really wanted to, as could about any of the top teams vs AV... what a mess is right. I think its going to be a while before we see them back in the highest division.

It was nice seeing all of the new/young faces on the pitch for Chelsea too. While from looking at the table, 7th might be about the best they can attain, might as well get the younger guys out there. Loftus-Cheek is going to be a stud, Kenedy has great pace, Traore has a nose for goal although not sure if he's ready to lead the line, and even Clarke-Salter made an appearance.

What's your thoughts on Conte? He seems to be an interesting choice. Is there any reason why Hiddink wasn't given a chance? I know he was interim, but it seems like he has a really good relationship with the players and has been a calming presence. Either way, Conte is going to have a lot of choices to make re: the squad for next year. Lots of noise about the players who supposedly want out - Courtois, Costa, Hazard, and Fabs - and those that probably will leave or be sold - Matic, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Oscar, Pedro, Remy, Falcao, and Pato. I understand that every year there is usually a lot of turnover, especially after a season such as this plus a new manager wanting some of his 'own guys', but it would seem to me they need to be cautious about how much they do turn over. This will be his first time in the BPL, and there is a definite contrast in play compared with Serie A, which is what he is most familiar with. I think they need to keep Courtois and Terry for at least another season to help with continuing to mentor Zouma and Miazga, and honestly Ivanovic hasn't looked too shabby as a center half, at least not getting fleeced down the right side anymore. I know I like Oscar more than you so he would stay for me, but at this point, I couldn't care less if Hazard goes, and same with Fabs. This season has been so disappointing for Hazard as he's been either hurt, out of form, or not really showing he cares. Fabs has been sort of the same, except at least he's been healthy and has shown a few more moments of brilliance. I liked what Pato showed and wouldn't mind seeing more of what he can offer. Thoughts on the transfer rumors of Costa leaving and bringing Lukaku back? That would be interesting.

Either way, the style of play is going to change with Conte. Most likely will see some (a lot?) 3-5-2/5-3-2, which seems to be his preferred, plus other variants like a 4-2-4 or 4-3-3 as it seems he enjoys tinkering with formations.

I'm torn on Conte. I would have liked to see an English coach, but those are few and far between it seems. Though I'm sure an argument could be made for a couple. I'm not cool with a 3 man backline. In such a physical, counterattacking league, it doesn't make a ton of sense. But, there are so many variants in terms of defensive midfield he could employ and he has those type of players already at Chelsea in Matic, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek and even Zouma or Kenedy.

I've said before, I judge a team by how many true impact players they have at the highest level. For instance, a guy like Oscar is a nice player. But he's not getting them over the hump against the Bayerns and Madrids of the world. And he's not going to settle for a first team substitute. So what does he really offer a team like Chelsea on the big stage? If Roman is going to spend money, there are better options with players who make an impact every game. Sometimes the impact isn't even that noticeable. Take a guy like Sergio Busquets. For casual observer, he's just another guy at Barca. But I'd argue either he or Iniesta are near as invaluable, for what Barca does, as Messi. The same could be said of Verratti at PSG.

Look at the rosters of PSG, Bayern, Real M and Barca. Those are your true powerhouses. I know Barca or PSG the most, or at least watch more of their games. They have impact players, i.e. guys that can absolutely control any game at any time from their position, not only with their own individual responsibilities but in how they affect everyone around them and the flow of the game depending on the style the team wants to play at that particular time. PSG routinely has 7 or 8 on the field at all times. Barca has more. What's more infuriating for the non-Barca fans, is that their youth system produces, at any time, around 65-70% of their first team. That's huge, not just from a financial standpoint, but they rarely have to bring in a player who doesn't understand how they play. Anyhoo, compare that to Chelsea. Who do they have? Historically it would include Costa (when he isn't picking fights), Hazard (not this year....hell, he's not even making anyone better around him much less providing scoring opportunies), Fabs, and ........ maybe Willian? I could make an argument that only Costa, when his head is in the game, is the only one this year. Probably Fabs too, every other game. What could anyone do with that roster against the Barca's of the world? Chelsea's roster, like RR has said, is completely mismanaged. They pay a ton of money for play that appears more average, than impactful.

I could go on and on about Barca's youth system. It provides them such a healthy advantage over every other team in the world. I think the last time I looked, Bayern was next best in growing their own talent who play on their first team, and it's something like 25%. Barca's home grown B squad qualified for La Liga in 2014. That's the talent they bring along.

Last edited:

United punched their ticket today and will be in the FA Cup Final in a few weeks. My uncle needless to says is quite happy about it. :)

So it looks like Leicester City will win the league, following yesterday's draw for Spurs. Man, I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to last July and place some money on the 5000-1 odds. Good for them, and good for the league as a whole to have someone outside of the regulars to win the title.

For the Chelsea crowd on here it looks like they will finish no better than 9th in the league. Have four games remaining and are 7 points out of 8th place. Stoke is the only team that could flip them back to 10th. They both sit on 47 points. GD has Chelsea at +7 and Stoke at -14.

FA Cup Final will pit United against Crystal Place on 21 May

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back