• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prayers needed

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
I got word from my brother in law in North Platte that my sister passed away this afternoon. Joan was very special to me. She was the only one of my brothers and sisters that was kind of in my age group. all the rest were much older. She helped get me my first job. In a bar one time while I was home on leave a jerk tried to start a fight with me she dumped a pitcher of beer on his head. If you were ever at the NP VFW on a game day you would have heard her leading the GBR chant. She also cooked all the meals at the VFW for any members that passed away.

If you went to starting gate liquors any time in the last 15 years to probably met her. She had an infectious laugh and was always the life of any party.

I got word from my brother in law in North Platte that my sister passed away this afternoon. Joan was very special to me. She was the only one of my brothers and sisters that was kind of in my age group. all the rest were much older. She helped get me my first job. In a bar one time while I was home on leave a jerk tried to start a fight with me she dumped a pitcher of beer on his head. If you were ever at the NP VFW on a game day you would have heard her leading the GBR chant. She also cooked all the meals at the VFW for any members that passed away.

If you went to starting gate liquors any time in the last 15 years to probably met her. She had an infectious laugh and was always the life of any party.
Sorry for your loss HT. You and your family will certainly be in my prayers.God bless.

You've got mine... I am sorry to hear about this...

So sorry to hear of your loss thom, cherish all those memories of Joan and she'll always live on in your heart.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back