• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prayers Needed for Lil' All 'N's Mom

Update on Lil' All 'N's mom:

She had her cells extracted on March 22. The procedure went smoothly, and it was good to get the process started.

She then had two rounds of chemotherapy to keep the cancer from progressing. Her team at KU had told her this chemo should be easier considering she went through the hardest R-Chop chemo last year. Unfortunately, this past week was very hard on her. She was very sick from the two new medications used in the chemotherapy and had to go back to KU for fluids and tests. It turned out to be just the effects of chemo and nothing new occurring. However, she is having major swelling in the lymphnodes that are infected.

Please continue the prayers as she goes through this journey. Her modified cells will be back from California around the middle of April. She will have a PET scan next week and chemotherapy again after that. Thank you for the prayers and support.

I just learned that Lil' All 'N's mom heads to KC for 35 days starting next Wednesday for the blood infusion and monitoring. I'll post more of an update as I learn more.
Saying a prayer Lil' All 'N's mother. My mother is currently battling lymphoma. She finished her 4 month chemo plan in mid March, and just had her follow up PET scan today. Unfortunately, the scan was not completely clear, so she is heading back to Omaha for 6 weeks for a stem cell treatment.

Tell your son to hang in there and stay strong for his mother. I know it's hard, but I also know how much it helped my mom.

Saying a prayer Lil' All 'N's mother. My mother is currently battling lymphoma. She finished her 4 month chemo plan in mid March, and just had her follow up PET scan today. Unfortunately, the scan was not completely clear, so she is heading back to Omaha for 6 weeks for a stem cell treatment.

Tell your son to hang in there and stay strong for his mother. I know it's hard, but I also know how much it helped my mom.
We're praying for you and your mom as well. I'll tell him. Thank you!

Last edited:

Update on Lil' All 'N's mom...

As mentioned earlier, she received her T-Cell infusion on April 19. While spending her week at KU Med Center, she celebrated her Birthday on Sunday, April 23. She was discharged from KU Med on Wednesday, April 26, and was staying with her parents in KC so that she would be close to the hospital.

Unfortunately, on Thursday night, she had a fever. Because of her low immunity, her care team said to go back to KU. The doctor told her this could be just part of the process. Her numbers are increasing to closer where they should be which is great. Her blood pressure has continued to be good, but she's in a lot of pain from the gcsf shots that stimulate white blood cell growth. For her, please pray for healing and pain management. As of now, she hopes to be discharged tomorrow.

And please pray for Lil' All 'N'. He's hanging in there with all this stress. I'm trying to help him continue to do as many "normal" things as possible. Between classes, high school track, and his traveling basketball team, he has lots of positive distractions. Despite emotional roller coaster, he's somehow managed to keep his grades up, run PRs in the 1600 and 3200, and be a productive leader on his basketball team. We are currently at a two day basketball tournament in Lawrence, KS. After his last game of the afternoon, I drove him to KU Med Center so he could see his mom for a bit. We'll head back to KC tomorrow after his last game so that he can hopefully see her at his grandparents.

As always, thank you for all the prayers and support!

Done and done, and for you too.

Thanks also for the update on Lil' All 'N'. I realized I've become a bit of a fan of his from your posts through the years. It's good to hear he's coping as well as he is.
Thanks for the prayers! I'll pass it on to him when he gets back from KC tonight. He gets to spend a little more time with his mom this afternoon/evening.

Last edited:

Update on Lil' All N's Mom:

It's been an emotional week. She really appreciates all of the prayers, texts, cards and all of the support. She has good days and bad days and needs to sleep often. She goes to the doctor daily to check how treatment is going. She ended up losing her hair again which her care team said shouldn't happen. The shock of hair loss and the gnarliest bruises covering her body has made her emotionally and physically distressed. Please continue praying for comfort and healing. Thank you all!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back