• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Prayers for Aurora, CO victims, families and community

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevHusker

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
Information just breaking, but a gunman has killed at least 14 and many more are injured in a shooting at an Aurora theater. Midnight showing of new batman movie were many young people were attending is where the shooting took place around 12:30 am. Young children are included among the dead and injured.

Please keep these families and community in your prayers. This kind of tragic event impacts police, fire and rescue, medical and others beyond the families and victims.

Father in heaven, your Holy presence be upon those who have suffered great loss this night. Bring the comfort of your Holy Spirit to those who mourn, to those who have been injured, and to the first responders and crisis counselors. Your healing presence and hand of miraculous healing is requested for all in need. Give all medical personnel your hands, eyes, heart, and wisdom so that all their work will be your work. Amen.

Rev.

Information just breaking, but a gunman has killed at least 14 and many more are injured in a shooting at an Aurora theater. Midnight showing of new batman movie were many young people were attending is where the shooting took place around 12:30 am. Young children are included among the dead and injured.

Please keep these families and community in your prayers. This kind of tragic event impacts police, fire and rescue, medical and others beyond the families and victims.

Father in heaven, your Holy presence be upon those who have suffered great loss this night. Bring the comfort of your Holy Spirit to those who mourn, to those who have been injured, and to the first responders and crisis counselors. Your healing presence and hand of miraculous healing is requested for all in need. Give all medical personnel your hands, eyes, heart, and wisdom so that all their work will be your work. Amen.

Rev.

Amen, Rev.

The greater Denver metro is becoming a hub for this kind of crap. Columbine High School, the mega-church shooting a few years ago, and now this.

Seems like they can't go more than about 3-4 years without a major shooting in that area. I'd pack up and move if I lived there. Must be all the lightning strikes making people go apesh!t.

I have a sister in Littleton and one in Lakewood. This is a horrific thing and I am praying for everyone who was involved and affected.

The greater Denver metro is becoming a hub for this kind of crap. Columbine High School, the mega-church shooting a few years ago, and now this.

Seems like they can't go more than about 3-4 years without a major shooting in that area. I'd pack up and move if I lived there. Must be all the lightning strikes making people go apesh!t.

I'll stay. Thanks.

Obviously the gunman is a psycho and deserves whatever swift and harsh penalty he gets and I feel dearly for the victims, survivors and their respective families - what I don't get is who in the hell takes a 6-month old to a midnight showing of a PG-13 movie with tons of violence??

I'll stay too. Classy post by the way.

To think this has anything to with Denver, the 'burbs there, or the people of that fine community is nonsense. It's a random act of violence which means it can happen, and does happen, anywhere. Denver unfortunately has been hit by bad luck. May the healing begin.

Just so this notion doesn't take hold, I'm going to debunk it. No offense to you Ducktown.

In the incidents you mentioned 27 people were killed over a span of 13 years. That's an average of 2 per year. The population of Denver Metro (almost 1.5 times that of the State of Nebraska) is about 2.6 million. So the odds of getting killed this way are 1 in 1.3 million in any given year. The odds of getting hit by lightening in the U.S. are about 1 in 1.0 million in a given year.

In comparison, the odds of dying in a car wreck in any given year in the U.S. are 1 in 6500.

Drive safely. :)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back