• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prayer request for Dad

Today I drove to the hospital parking lot and waived at him in his window and we chatted on the phone. He is much better cognitively. Could hold and add to the conversation without getting lost. They are watching his oxygen and keeping him on it at night. Gonna have to stay another day or two. His spirits seemed good only sharing that the food sucked. But I reminded him his sense of taste was a side effect. Not out of the woods, but progress is measurable. Will keep you posted.
Praying that more progress is experienced each day and that the worst part of his time spent there is the food! May your dad, you, and your family continue to rest in His presence! God is good all the time!

I was able to take Dad home this evening. The boost for us all to see him coherent, chipper and glad to be out of there is immeasurable. He shared his one nightmare evening. Said he just could not breathe. Mechanically yes, but oxygen was in the mid 80s. Said he thought for sure that was it. Some convalescent plasma, steroids and huge helpings of Remdesivir. They will come to the house and check on him a few times over the next couple weeks.
I can't thank all of you enough for your prayers. To take time out of your own busy lives and concerns to take our matters to the Lord is what it's all about. One team one Fight! It strengthened me. It assured me. It made this whole nightmare playing out a shared experience that reminded me where my thought life needs to be. I'm grateful and blessed by you all.

I was able to take Dad home this evening. The boost for us all to see him coherent, chipper and glad to be out of there is immeasurable. He shared his one nightmare evening. Said he just could not breathe. Mechanically yes, but oxygen was in the mid 80s. Said he thought for sure that was it. Some convalescent plasma, steroids and huge helpings of Remdesivir. They will come to the house and check on him a few times over the next couple weeks.
I can't thank all of you enough for your prayers. To take time out of your own busy lives and concerns to take our matters to the Lord is what it's all about. One team one Fight! It strengthened me. It assured me. It made this whole nightmare playing out a shared experience that reminded me where my thought life needs to be. I'm grateful and blessed by you all.

Good to hear he's home.

Answered prayers are a blessing!

We continue to pray for a full recovery for your dad with the Lord's peace and comfort for your entire family.

We always dont know the ways of our Lord, but His ways are always glorious, and sometimes align with our hopes.
Glory to God, and sooo happy for you all

Most awesome indeed

God is good

So happy to hear he’s home and doing better!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back