• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Practice

cornhuskerfox

Recruit
10 Year Member
I have remained on the sideline and essentially only a lurker for the last several years, for many reasons. However, as I watch us fans unravel, there are a few things I believe is important to remember. The first thing to remember is we fired a good 9 win coach all those years ago. We thought it was so fun, we did it again. (I don't want to turn this into the Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and Riley thread.) We got the coach that we wanted yet here we are. Questioning everything, doubting everything, complaining about everything, trying to figure out why we have only 1 win in season 3. To me, the answer is PRACTICE. Think about those practices that we have missed out on while others were preparing for a bowl game, the spring practices, and the fall practices. I honestly believe that HCSF could careless about the win/loss total THIS YEAR. Why do you think he fought so hard to get a season, to practice, to get better. Despite how this Fall has gone with wins and losses, it would have been a death kneel for us had we not. Could you imagine if this fall would have been cancelled completely? Quietly, we are doing the things we are supposed to be doing and protecting the players from COVID. There are some teams that have missed quite a few practices. So here we are, practicing, playing games on Saturdays and with this season, we are going to be bowl eligible. What bowl would not want to invite Nebraska? We are a delusional fan base that love our Huskers through "good times and bad". We will show up, IF WE ARE ABLE, we will yell about everything, but we will show and support the team. I'm old, I have witnessed the good times, the GREAT TIMES and certainly the bad times. I have been to the losses in West Lafayette and Evanston, but I cheered, I still cheer and until death do us part, I am married to these "********". Youth and practices, the more they get, the better they will get. I do see changes, I do see the glimmer and I do believe the HCSF is going to turn this thing around. So, go practice, get better, keep fighting and don't listen to us delusional fans. As an old retired MP, focus on the mission HCSF, turning the program around. For those leaving the program, I wish them well. It really reminds me of growing up and playing football in the park and the kid with the football got his feelings hurt.....I am taking my football and going home! They are going to regret their decisions. That's it, grammar nazi's, come get me! Climbing back into my cyberhole.......GO BIG RED!

I have remained on the sideline and essentially only a lurker for the last several years, for many reasons. However, as I watch us fans unravel, there are a few things I believe is important to remember. The first thing to remember is we fired a good 9 win coach all those years ago. We thought it was so fun, we did it again. (I don't want to turn this into the Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and Riley thread.) We got the coach that we wanted yet here we are. Questioning everything, doubting everything, complaining about everything, trying to figure out why we have only 1 win in season 3. To me, the answer is PRACTICE. Think about those practices that we have missed out on while others were preparing for a bowl game, the spring practices, and the fall practices. I honestly believe that HCSF could careless about the win/loss total THIS YEAR. Why do you think he fought so hard to get a season, to practice, to get better. Despite how this Fall has gone with wins and losses, it would have been a death kneel for us had we not. Could you imagine if this fall would have been cancelled completely? Quietly, we are doing the things we are supposed to be doing and protecting the players from COVID. There are some teams that have missed quite a few practices. So here we are, practicing, playing games on Saturdays and with this season, we are going to be bowl eligible. What bowl would not want to invite Nebraska? We are a delusional fan base that love our Huskers through "good times and bad". We will show up, IF WE ARE ABLE, we will yell about everything, but we will show and support the team. I'm old, I have witnessed the good times, the GREAT TIMES and certainly the bad times. I have been to the losses in West Lafayette and Evanston, but I cheered, I still cheer and until death do us part, I am married to these "********". Youth and practices, the more they get, the better they will get. I do see changes, I do see the glimmer and I do believe the HCSF is going to turn this thing around. So, go practice, get better, keep fighting and don't listen to us delusional fans. As an old retired MP, focus on the mission HCSF, turning the program around. For those leaving the program, I wish them well. It really reminds me of growing up and playing football in the park and the kid with the football got his feelings hurt.....I am taking my football and going home! They are going to regret their decisions. That's it, grammar nazi's, come get me! Climbing back into my cyberhole.......GO BIG RED!
Not sure that I understand your post.It’s year three,and we are not any better after all those practices and games. I too am old and a die hard Husker fan,but we are a train wreck three years in.I truly hope HCSF can turn it around,but have serious doubts.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

Not sure that I understand your post.It’s year three,and we are not any better after all those practices and games. I too am old and a die hard Husker fan,but we are a train wreck three years in.I truly hope HCSF can turn it around,but have serious doubts.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.
You are missing the point about lost practices. Practices generally make you better, yet we have had fewer practices than many of the teams that are currently playing better than we are. We've had zero bowl practices in 3 years. We basically had zero spring practices this year, not that many did, but some definitely have a few more. The fall was a hodge podge of 'yes we are, no we aren't', so that wasn't as efficient as one might hope.

I see his point, though it's not the only area we've been challenged.

We fired an average 9 win coach.

Second, we missed those extra practices because we are the least disciplined team in the B1G and I'm not sure it's close.

We've literally gotten worse from last year on offense returning nearly everyone. There's something seriously wrong and it would be crazy not to question Frost at this point.

:Biggrin:

Couldn't resist

Allen Iverson GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | Allen iverson practice, Allen  iverson, Iverson practice

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
You make fair points. All factors need to be considered. Generally, since Frost took over the kids have played hard. Most losses have been really close games. It’s not like the team isn’t competitive almost every game. We are young at a number of positions. To be fair, so are some other teams. And we have been hurt by missed practices. I don’t understand the post season practice rules of the NCAA. It’s a rich get richer model. There’s no reason every program shouldn’t get 15 Winter practices. And canceling Spring practices was not necessary. More overreaction from the conference and the NCAA.

But overall I agree with you that we’re going to need to give Frost more time than we expected. It’s tough to be patient but the alternative is less attractive.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back