• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Practice...that's what's wrong wth a playoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsker

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Unless you're going to let everyone (not just the playoff contenders) have the same number of post season practices, any playoff will create an additional competitive imbalance based on the additional practice snaps. Instead of working towards more disparity, the focus should be leveling the playing field.

Makes the regular season even more important...win all of your games = playoffs = more practice.

Unless you're going to let everyone (not just the playoff contenders) have the same number of post season practices, any playoff will create an additional competitive imbalance based on the additional practice snaps. Instead of working towards more disparity, the focus should be leveling the playing field.

Why should bowl teams just get extra practices now? I think Kansas could have used 15 extra practices. The current system isn't fair.;)

"Practice? We're in here talking about practice?"

Why should bowl teams just get extra practices now? I think Kansas could have used 15 extra practices. The current system isn't fair.;)

Exactly. Arguing against going to a new system because the new system would include an inequity the current system already has is not much of an argument.

Two years ago NDSU went 3-8, this year they won the FCS National Title. Amazing turn around given all those practices they missed just two years ago when all those other teams were in the playoffs. Last year's two FCS National Title game teams, Eastern Washington and Delaware failed to qualify for this years FCS playoffs... even after all those extra practices. ;)

Last edited:

It doesn't really make sense the way it is now that non-bowl teams cannot practice. I wonder what the stated reasoning is behind that rule.

It's probably good they don't. Where is the motivation? I guess it could be like spring practice, but it might be counterproductive to practice after the season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back