• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

power five teams with longest active bowl droughts

Pal all I want to know is how can we get Kansas on this years schedule?
Not sure NU would want them. Kansas improved last year throughout the season, and I expect them to improve some more this year. Leipold is a darn good coach. I think he’ll get them to respectability.

Not sure NU would want them. Kansas improved last year throughout the season, and I expect them to improve some more this year. Leipold is a darn good coach. I think he’ll get them to respectability.
He really is. Don't think he'll get them to a bowl this season, but I could see them at 4 or 5 wins, which is huge for them.

He really is. Don't think he'll get them to a bowl this season, but I could see them at 4 or 5 wins, which is huge for them.
Absolutely. Not sure if their non conf schedule, but if it’s manageable, 3-0 start, they might could get 2-3 more in the Big 12. They should have beaten OU last year also. I really like him as a coach. He could be someone that someone would put on a short list I’d think.

That Ireland game ........ kids not in it mentally...... just sayin' . If it becomes vacation that game is a toss up. Depends who is more serious.
I have to hope Frost knows how to keep his players' head in the game; he's been in a few big games himself. Any leisure activities should be post-game, IMO.

[Edit: that being said, there are probably NCAA rules that apply as to how much time they can apply to game prep, so they'd have to fill their time with chaperoned leisure time to keep them out of trouble.]

Last edited:
We know and discuss the Big 12 more than the B1G.

We have the tools to break the losing cycle.

HCSF’s B1G record is on the same trajectory as Paul Rhodes…without the signature wins.

We look at the schedule and imagine becoming relevant again.

We don’t know if HCSF can outcoach Bret Bielema.

Welcome to the off-season.

I have to hope Frost knows how to keep his players' head in the game; he's been in a few big games himself. Any leisure activities should be post-game, IMO.

[Edit: that being said, there are probably NCAA rules that apply as to how much time they can apply to game prep, so they'd have to fill their time with chaperoned leisure time to keep them out of trouble.]
I believe both NW and NU are going to be granted some time to soak up the culture and they should. Might be the first and only time many of these kids leave the country. Prepare hard prior to the game and hopefully give them a couple well earned days to enjoy Ireland. I would be shocked if they are chaperoned.

Frost mentioned a few months ago that they'd arrive in Ireland several days prior to the game. I'd bet they are departing within 12 hours following the game. We've got a game the following Saturday. Any leisure time in Ireland (which Frost said there will be) will take place prior to the game against Northwestern, much like bowl games (including games with Frost as QB).

Still don’t believe this is a good idea for a struggling team needing nothing but pure focus. While they may very well win this game, the after travel ramifications could linger. Should they lose this game, it will set back any progress you made prior to this game. I wish it were in Evanston.

We know and discuss the Big 12 more than the B1G.

We have the tools to break the losing cycle.

HCSF’s B1G record is on the same trajectory as Paul Rhodes…without the signature wins.

We look at the schedule and imagine becoming relevant again.

We don’t know if HCSF can outcoach Bret Bielema.

Welcome to the off-season.
I expect Bielema's strategy to make it pretty easy on Frost to predict- lean on the run game, wait for NU to make mistakes, own the 2nd half. So far, Frost hasn't been able to out-coach that strategy.

That's been the Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin playbook and its worked. We'll see if the changes in players and coaches on offense make that blueprint less effective. Its been maddening to watch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back