• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Postseason chances

BGRed

Blackshirt
20 Year Member
The women's team is playing very well right now and has great potential to be near the top of the conference in the next couple of years. NCAA tourney seems to be a stretch right now; so, Women's NIT feels like the likely landing spot and they could make a good run at it.

Interestingly, I ran across this site, which attempts to project the rest of the women's season.
http://omnirankings.com/wcb/Macro/WNIT Bracket.htm
Finding such analytics for the women's game is nearly impossible.

I'm not sure what the actual selection rules are; but, this site claims:
"Automatic bids (32 total): Highest team in each conference's standings failing to win conference tournament and not projected to receive NCAA at-large bid.
At-large bids (32 total): Best remaining teams based on pre-tournament ratings with projected +0.500 overall record"

They have us edging out Minnesota for the automatic spot, even with our projected 13-16 overall record.

They have built an NIT projected bracket and also the outcomes of games in the bracket. Nebraska's path as a #2 seed:

Hosting Cal State-Northridge
Hosting Boise State
Hosting Arizona
Losing at USC in the quarterfinals.

That would be a nice way to end the season.

This Omni site gets update only once per week, so the Wisconsin loss and Purdue win are now reflected. The Indiana loss is not.

Projected season record: 14 - 15 overall, 9 - 9 Big Ten

They now have Purdue as the top B1G team not in the NCAA and the Huskers would not be in the field due to sub .500 record.

Remaining games - we'll need to turn a few losses into Ws to make the WNIT.
upload_2019-2-7_16-53-1.png

Omni site update after Saturday games:

Looking better. Tough game with Iowa coming up tomorrow night. Need to get to .500 for WNIT. With only two regular season games remaining and knowing we'll likely lose a conference tournament game, with need to win these last two or win two in the B1G tourney.

upload_2019-2-24_19-50-30.png

upload_2019-2-24_19-51-12.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back