• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post Your Archery Deer 2021

What area do you hunt?
I bought a house and some land SE of Lawrence, KS near Baldwin City. A little over 50 acres of pasture, timber, and a 3 acre pond. Not huge, but big enough to spread out and develop a little bit for hunting. I don't have food plots yet, but its a decent travel corridor and sometime bedding area. Crop fields all around.

I'll start the food plot next spring when I move there full time.

I bought a house and some land SE of Lawrence, KS near Baldwin City. A little over 50 acres of pasture, timber, and a 3 acre pond. Not huge, but big enough to spread out and develop a little bit for hunting. I don't have food plots yet, but its a decent travel corridor and sometime bedding area. Crop fields all around.

I'll start the food plot next spring when I move there full time.
I know the area, great looking for whitetails. If you ever need any help I'm just over an hour away.

Are you using a cellular Wildgame camera? I'm looking to get a cellular one and don't want to break the bank. Looking at Wildgame and Spypoint and both seem to get pretty mixed reviews.
Stay as far away from spypoint as possible, I have Moultrie Deltas now and meh they're alright, 1 broke and a warranty replacement is on the way. Moultrie customer service kills spypoint. I have buddy with the wild game cams and will let you know what he thinks

Stay as far away from spypoint as possible, I have Moultrie Deltas now and meh they're alright, 1 broke and a warranty replacement is on the way. Moultrie customer service kills spypoint. I have buddy with the wild game cams and will let you know what he thinks
Thanks for the heads up. I don't mind changing out cards, but since I'm in another most weeks it would be nice to be able to just download the pics to an app to see what's moving around.

I'll be up there the 1st and 2nd weekends of Nov and then back over Thanksgiving so I'll spend a good amount of time in a tree seeing for myself so maybe can get by without a camera this year anyway.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't mind changing out cards, but since I'm in another most weeks it would be nice to be able to just download the pics to an app to see what's moving around.

I'll be up there the 1st and 2nd weekends of Nov and then back over Thanksgiving so I'll spend a good amount of time in a tree seeing for myself so maybe can get by without a camera this year anyway.
Yeah, we're getting into my favorite time right now. If you do decide on a cell camera, the Tactacam Reveal is really good but unavailable for the better part of a year now. I like how the Moultrie Delta works. Download the App.
Set up an account.
Scan the QR code through the app.
Go through a couple of steps the camera shows, it also formats your card and boom its done.
Wake up in the morning, get a coffee and check pics, I do recommend a solar panel and rechargeable batteries. 200$ for everything.

20211013_173029_compress46.jpg

2 days of rain, pretty hard to see but the wheat is popping up and will fill the gaps nicely. Will post another pic in a week or so.

Scratch Moultrie, sent the one back yesterday, moved my other one and now it's not taking pics. I guess try wildgame cell cams, a buddy of mine like his.. so far. Kind of a craap shoot

Last edited:
Scratch Moultrie, sent the one back yesterday, moved my other one and now it's not taking pics. I guess try wildgame cell cams, a buddy of mine like his.. so far. Kind of a craap shoot
Thanks, KSUH. I’ll pull the trigger on the Wildgame and won’t be into it for a ton of $ if it doesn’t work great. What I like about theirs is that its not tied to a certain network, it just connects to the closest tower and we’re in a bit of a spotty area that can vary greatly depending on your cell provider.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back