• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post Spring Practice Updates April-August 2019

Athletes at non p5 schools put up with more than those at P5 schools. If you are at WMI you expectation is that you will probably not get noticed. (quick without looking name a player from his best squad.) You probably can't without looking because he made himself the center of attention. Shaqueem Griffin, Blake Bortels, and Mckenzie Melton. (Spelling may not be right because I did not look) Are all names that stand out. Why? Because HCSF did what he could to not be the center of attention. Can you say the same for Fleck?
1 team as an example & the matter is solved? Urban Meyer put at least 3 players (maybe more ;)) in the NFL as the center of attention. I could probably name 10 more coaches if I gave it any thought. Also I'll believe you if you name 1 player that said Fleck's methods wore thin with him.

1 team as an example & the matter is solved? Urban Meyer put at least 3 players (maybe more ;)) in the NFL as the center of attention. I could probably name 10 more coaches if I gave it any thought. Also I'll believe you if you name 1 player that said Fleck's methods wore thin with him.
Sorry I do not know any of his players. You want another center of attention coach. Rick Neuheisel, Lane Kiffin, How is that for a couple of headline grabbing coaches who started out hot and later failed.

To those trashing Fleck, I hate his schtick too, but these players have bought into it and play for him. I was at the beat down at Minny in 2017 and you could see their loyalty on display. He may be a used car salesman with his tactics, but it seems to be working. I don't detect much mutiny in their locker room. The majority of their players committed to him knowing his approach and they seem to be bought in. I'm glad he isn't our coach for obvious reasons, but maybe Minny needed him at this time. He has the promise to be successful. This season will tell a lot IMO.

To those trashing Fleck, I hate his schtick too, but these players have bought into it and play for him. I was at the beat down at Minny in 2017 and you could see their loyalty on display. He may be a used car salesman with his tactics, but it seems to be working. I don't detect much mutiny in their locker room. The majority of their players committed to him knowing his approach and they seem to be bought in. I'm glad he isn't our coach for obvious reasons, but maybe Minny needed him at this time. He has the promise to be successful. This season will tell a lot IMO.
You can call me out on this one. Its OK I know I am the lone voice in the wilderness in my disgust for this nugget head. Not for nothin...a decent high school team could have beat the 2017 Riley squad. So that fact that they beat us down that year does not move the needle in his favor.

You can call me out on this one. Its OK I know I am the lone voice in the wilderness in my disgust for this nugget head. Not for nothin...a decent high school team could have beat the 2017 Riley squad. So that fact that they beat us down that year does not move the needle in his favor.

Yes Thom, you have made your Fleck Feelings clear. You will never be in any boat he rows...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back