• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post Spring Practice Updates April-August 2019

That is true leadership language. Leaders give credit to the team but when talking about improvement they use personal language. Notice he says what he needs to do to make the team better. What he is communicating is I will do my part so that we are better. I love it. It is not I am going to get mine. It is I must be better for us to be better. It is personal responsibility for the betterment of the team.

Won the bronze medal
He's a big reason why I'm not as nervous about the WR position as a lot of others have been. He didn't really get the opportunity to show it in the spring game, but in the handful of scrimmage plays that I saw at the practice where I attended, the 1st string DBs couldn't cover him. He caught two excellent deep balls, including one over Lamar Jackson where there was nothing more that LJ could have done to cover him. He's got blazing speed, good hands, and I think that he's running his routes better than last year, but there weren't a lot of plays to use to judge that. Just the threat of him going deep means that we can put him out wide, and the defense will have to either trust their #1 CB to handle him, 1-on-1, or else they have to have deep Safety help cheating to his side of the field. I can't think of another CB that we'll see in our schedule that has more elite speed and coverage ability than LJ.

That is true leadership language. Leaders give credit to the team but when talking about improvement they use personal language. Notice he says what he needs to do to make the team better. What he is communicating is I will do my part so that we are better. I love it. It is not I am going to get mine. It is I must be better for us to be better. It is personal responsibility for the betterment of the team.

Couldn't agree more. And in addition to putting his football performance on tape, he's also showing that he is a well spoken, respectful young man. I don't really play the "favorite player" game, but if I had to name my top ten, Mo would most definitely be high in that group. He's done nothing but progress each year he's been here. I doubt whether Lavonte David's record 152 total tackles in the 2010 season is possible, but Mo had 112 last year - and this year he's getting another shot at it, coached by the all-time leading tackler in Nebraska history. Records are meant to be challenged.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back