• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post Spring Practice Updates April-August 2019

Yes Thom, you have made your Fleck Feelings clear. You will never be in any boat he rows...
I think that you may have just hit on the source of the problem: Thom never had a paddle, so he couldn't get in the boat.

:Sarcastic:

@Huskerthom, fwiw, I don't like his personality either, and if the rumors are true about him banging boosters at Western Michigan, he's a despicable human being ... but so was Barry Switzer. So was Jimmy Johnson. Sometimes despicable human beings end up being very successful football coaches. I wish that weren't true, but it is. Fleck seems to be a winning coach, and just because you don't like him, from my perspective you're projecting on to the players your own feelings when there's no evidence yet that they're there. If he starts losing again, that's when all of the negatives come flying. It's not a coincidence that Switzer was the King of Norman, Oklahoma until they started playing poorly on the field AND there were more incidents off of it. That's the trashy side of big-time college football.

I think that you may have just hit on the source of the problem: Thom never had a paddle, so he couldn't get in the boat.

@Huskerthom, fwiw, I don't like his personality either, and if the rumors are true about him banging boosters at Western Michigan, he's a despicable human being ... but so was Barry Switzer. So was Jimmy Johnson. Sometimes despicable human beings end up being very successful football coaches. I wish that weren't true, but it is. Fleck seems to be a winning coach, and just because you don't like him, from my perspective you're projecting on to the players your own feelings when there's no evidence yet that they're there. If he starts losing again, that's when all of the negatives come flying. It's not a coincidence that Switzer was the King of Norman, Oklahoma until they started playing poorly on the field AND there were more incidents off of it. That's the trashy side of big-time college football.

Then you have Jerry Sandusky who set the all-time low water mark for despicability in coaches. Throw in a few of the wife-beaters and you can cover most of the worst. I’d take a car-salesman type over the criminals every day and twice on Sunday. Don’t even get me started on what needs to happen to grown men who prey on weaker others for their own power trip or other jollies.

All of which makes Nebraska’s current staff - and others- so refreshing. Good humans first. Leaders of men, second. Good tacticians and football coaches, third.

Last edited:
It all depends on the person, of course, but I think someone with Fleck's style is probably more likely to resonate with a younger audience than an older one. Though they are different, I think you could say the same thing for someone like Dabo Swinney. He seems like a good guy but I find him quite cheesy and probably wouldn't really want to hang out with the guy much. But look how 17 and 18 year olds respond to him.

It all depends on the person, of course, but I think someone with Fleck's style is probably more likely to resonate with a younger audience than an older one. Though they are different, I think you could say the same thing for someone like Dabo Swinney. He seems like a good guy but I find him quite cheesy and probably wouldn't really want to hang out with the guy much. But look how 17 and 18 year olds respond to him.
Fair argument. I might have liked him better when i was younger. key word being might. I really do not believe I would.

Funny thing is even though I hated JJ and Bury(misspelling intended). I always understood their appeal. They were more aw shucks country boys. Their style could never be confused with Mr Row Boat.

What happened to my thread?

RR
sorry...
tenor.gif

Red Reign asked what happened to his thread? Censorship is a tricky business, but it should be enforced.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back