• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post Solich Husker 1st Team

So I'm saying best post Solich career. So a guy like Sam Koch played 2 years for Cally, and 2 for Solich. I'm still making him my punter cause he was the best. But I'm not picking Fabian Washington or Barrett Rudd. They might well deserve it, but they only played one season for Cally, and I more associate them with Solich.

Also, I'm doing a 4-3 because that's what's easiest for me to wrap my head around.

QB - Taylor (which one? you decide!)
RB - Abdullah
RB - Helu
FB - Janovich
TE - Carter
WR - Morgan
WR - Paul
Slot - Spielman
OT - Nicks
OG - Slauson
C - Jurgens
OG - Long
OT - Jaimes

DT - Suh
DT - Crick
DE - Carricker
DE - Gregory
LB - David
LB - Bradley
LB - Gerry
CB - Prince
CB - Taylor-Brit
S - Gomez
S - Asante

P - Koch
K - Henery
PR - Peirson El
KR - Abdullah
Not Taylor Martinez that is for sure. ZT and JG are my one and two QB s

Now you are in for it. I said our post-Solich all-star team wouldn’t win the B1G and got the Debbie Downer meme.
LOL, sorry about that. I respectfully disagree. Any college football team with Lavonte David and Suh could win the B1G. Add in Gerry, Domann, Hagg, Gomes...That defense would be salty AF. Here's a question for anyone who wants to answer it. What would be the weakest position group? Is it O-line? It's gotta be right?

LOL, sorry about that. I respectfully disagree. Any college football team with Lavonte David and Suh could win the B1G. Add in Gerry, Domann, Hagg, Gomes...That defense would be salty AF. Here's a question for anyone who wants to answer it. What would be the weakest position group? Is it O-line? It's gotta be right?
To be honest I'd say the QBs would be the weakest. The OL had quite a few guys with conference honors & good NFL runs. The QB room only had one all-conference player & no NFL run.

It’d be a nice summer project to start this thread again broken down into coaching era team;

team frank, team bill, team Bo…

Like the all decade teams, I’d put no restrictions on how many teams a guy could be on, regardless of how many coaches they played for. Clearly team Tom would be the front runner as team Bob would have some foggy memories putting it together, but we’ve had enough good/great college football players in Lincoln to field damn good squads even in the leanest of years…

#GBR

for the record, does Dylan Raiola still make the all Rhule team QB since no games are played, and if so does that allow Carl Crawford room to sneak into the 2 deep for team solich? Asking for my imagination?

Or how about some of the recruiting gurus put together the “close but no cigar“ team broken down by coach. I’m thinking Mike Vick or Vince young could lead a devastating frank solich squad.

Que up Bob Dylan… “times they are uh changing “

This is the all post-Solich team based on NFL draft. I don’t care if someone only played one year for Callahan. Fun Fact, Daniel and Josh Bullocks were both taken 40th overall in the draft.

I am going 4 deep but this does not reflect everyone who was drafted. Anywhere it says N/A, there was no one left. I tried to find all the free agent signings and plug them in but it was too much work.

For the record, Tanner Lee would not be on my list but he’s our only qb drafted. I’d have Armstrong and Martinez but I get the Ganz and Zac Taylor arguments.

Otherwise, these are the guys the NFL thought highly of. Oh and in case its not clear they are slotted based on draft position.

Adding to this post, I'm deep down the rabbit hole...

30 defensive players drafted, Highest player drafted #2 (Suh), Average overall draft selection #119.8 (mid to late 4th round)

23 offensive players drafted, Highest player drafted #51 (Jurgens), Average overall draft selection #159.8 (late 5th round)

Position1st Team2nd Team3rd Team4th Team
QBTanner LeeN/AN/AN/A
RBAmeer AbdullahBrandon JacksonRoy HeluCody Glenn
FBAndy JanovichN/AN/AN/A
TEN/AN/AN/AN/A
WRNiles PaulKenny BellTrey PlamerQuincy Enunwa
OTAlex LewisBrenden JaimesCarl NicksLydon Murtha
OGSpencer LongMatt SlausonKieth WilliansMatt Farniok
CCam JurgensRichie IncognitoN/AN/A
DTNdamukong SuhMalik CollinsVincent ValentineJared Crick
DEAdam CarrikerRandy GregoryJay MooreOchaun Mathis
LBBarrett RuudLavonte DavidStewart BradleyPhillip Dillard
CBPrince AmukamaraFabian WashingtonCam-Taylor BrittStanley Jean Bapiste
SJosh BullocksDaniel BullocksZachary BowmanDejon Gomes
PSam KochN/AN/AN/A
KAlex HenryN/AN/AN/A

Last edited:
It’d be a nice summer project to start this thread again broken down into coaching era team;

team frank, team bill, team Bo…

Like the all decade teams, I’d put no restrictions on how many teams a guy could be on, regardless of how many coaches they played for. Clearly team Tom would be the front runner as team Bob would have some foggy memories putting it together, but we’ve had enough good/great college football players in Lincoln to field damn good squads even in the leanest of years…

#GBR

for the record, does Dylan Raiola still make the all Rhule team QB since no games are played, and if so does that allow Carl Crawford room to sneak into the 2 deep for team solich? Asking for my imagination?

Or how about some of the recruiting gurus put together the “close but no cigar“ team broken down by coach. I’m thinking Mike Vick or Vince young could lead a devastating frank solich squad.

Que up Bob Dylan… “times they are uh changing “
Did Vick or Young ever consider Nebraska? The recruiting what-ifs I always think of are Barry Sanders and Marshall Faulk. I think Osborne might've won a NC with Sanders at tailback.

Did Vick or Young ever consider Nebraska? The recruiting what-ifs I always think of are Barry Sanders and Marshall Faulk. I think Osborne might've won a NC with Sanders at tailback.
It is my recollection that Vick considered Nebraska but the money… err opportunity at VT was too great. We also had Bobby Newcombe (and crouch already in the program) looking like the front runner where VT was clear early PT. The younger Vick looked much more at Nebraska than mike.

I believe Broderick Thomas has said his nephew(?) Vince Young was an achievable target thst Nebraska never went after hard enough.

Every coach has his misses. Haloti Ngata may be as big a miss as any and another of the guys frank had a foot in the door but couldn’t seal the deal. Barry, emmitt, Micah parsons… drew Pearson comes to mind. Gale sayers, larry stations. Lots of names off the top of my head.
But with that said, how about the nearly missed but didn’t!! Tommie Frazier was a Colorado Buffalo lean, was he not? How did we pull will shields out of Oklahoma? Lavonta David was the “bonus” along with jamarcus hardrick (?) Ndamkong Suh and Eric crouch both consider leaving before there HOF careers got off the ground.

EDIT: sorry about the high jacking this off original topic a bit!!:runaway:

Last edited:

EDIT: sorry about the high jacking off original topic a bit!!:runaway:
I’m glad this is a safe space where we can share. Look, you don’t have to apologize for it. We all do it. Sometimes, especially if you’ve been in a relationship for a long time, it can be hard to find passion. When that happens, it’s natural to turn inward and find the passion that’s in your heart. It doesn’t mean you don’t love and respect the relationship or that you’ve stopped trying. It just means that you’re a person with needs and when those needs aren’t being met, well, we’re all human. It’s ok.

Last edited:
I’m glad this is a safe space where we can share. Look, you don’t have to apologize for it. We all do it. Sometimes, especially if you’ve been in a relationship for a long time, it can be hard to find passion. When that happens, it’s natural to turn inward and find the passion that’s in your heart. It doesn’t mean you don’t love and respect the relationship or that you’ve stopped trying. It just means that you’re a person with needs and when those needs aren’t being met, well, we’re all human. It’s ok.
Oops… proof reading is overrated

Last edited:

This is the all post-Solich team based on NFL draft. I don’t care if someone only played one year for Callahan. Fun Fact, Daniel and Josh Bullocks were both taken 40th overall in the draft.

I am going 4 deep but this does not reflect everyone who was drafted. Anywhere it says N/A, there was no one left. I tried to find all the free agent signings and plug them in but it was too much work.

For the record, Tanner Lee would not be on my list but he’s our only qb drafted. I’d have Armstrong and Martinez but I get the Ganz and Zac Taylor arguments.

Otherwise, these are the guys the NFL thought highly of. Oh and in case its not clear they are slotted based on draft position.

Adding to this post, I'm deep down the rabbit hole...

30 defensive players drafted, Highest player drafted #2 (Suh), Average overall draft selection #119.8 (mid to late 4th round)

23 offensive players drafted, Highest player drafted #51 (Jurgens), Average overall draft selection #159.8 (late 5th round)

Position1st Team2nd Team3rd Team4th Team
QBTanner LeeN/AN/AN/A
RBAmeer AbdullahBrandon JacksonRoy HeluCody Glenn
FBAndy JanovichN/AN/AN/A
TEN/AN/AN/AN/A
WRNiles PaulKenny BellTrey PlamerQuincy Enunwa
OTAlex LewisBrenden JaimesCarl NicksLydon Murtha
OGSpencer LongMatt SlausonKieth WilliansMatt Farniok
CCam JurgensRichie IncognitoN/AN/A
DTNdamukong SuhMalik CollinsVincent ValentineJared Crick
DEAdam CarrikerRandy GregoryJay MooreOchaun Mathis
LBBarrett RuudLavonte DavidStewart BradleyPhillip Dillard
CBPrince AmukamaraFabian WashingtonCam-Taylor BrittStanley Jean Bapiste
SJosh BullocksDaniel BullocksZachary BowmanDejon Gomes
PSam KochN/AN/AN/A
KAlex HenryN/AN/AN/A
Nice list! It's worth mentioning that Rex Burkhead is still playing in the NFL...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back