• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alternate Uniforms Released: Going With Blackshirt Theme

Oh I didn't realize that it was against the law to add school colors.

You do realize that alternate uniforms have nothing to do with us as fans right? Sure, they sell them and fans buy them but the whole reason this started was because Oregon started doing it and the kids apparently like that, so schools have started doing the same. It's called adapting to the times and not getting left behind.

I'm sick of this fear of change people apparently have. This isn't 1995 anymore, we can't get by on our name alone. We have to change and adapt. And if adapting means having a 3rd team color that is black, which is an obvious nod to the blackshirts, then so be it.

It has nothing to do with the fans? The fans are the ones who drop wads of cash (>$100) on a new alt-jersey. You're right about one thing, Oregon started the trend. Which do you think is more likely, Phil Knight sitting around the board room table thinking benevolent thoughts about Oregon players or strategizing how to sell more T-shirts?

Man, you'd think I dissed the forward pass or something. Why you hate old people?

Last edited:

It has nothing to do with the fans? The fans are the ones who drop wads of cash (>$100) on a new alt-jersey. You're right about one thing, Oregon started the trend. Which do you think is more likely, Phil Knight sitting around the board room table thinking benevolent thoughts about Oregon players or strategizing how to sell more T-shirts?

Man, you'd think I dissed the forward pass or something. Why you hate old people?

View attachment 27988
There is a lot to hate about us... They can’t be us. We paved the roads and they complain about the bumps

And if the rumors are true, this is not an "alternate" but a "third."

I heard somewhere that this would be a more permanent 3rd option that the team could break out every now and then, opposed to a one-and-done alternate.

Remember when the Chicago Bulls used to rock the black jerseys now and again? Similar to that, I suppose.
Uh-oh. The traditionalists wouldn’t like that! But I do believe OU now has a 3rd, so it wouldn’t shock me.

Love alt uni's. But I would go all in on black. Black shirt and pants, maybe gray pants. Matte black helmet with chrome red.

The things they could do with chrome and variations on the current color scheme. This is easier than people make it. Look at Wisconsin's this year. They are truly ugly.

I don’t think that’s the “alternate” jersey. The jerseys this year have the 150 year patch on the right shoulder and the picture that’s shown doesn’t. While I do like the thought of the blackshirt logo on the jersey idk if it suits the offense to have it on theirs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back