• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Possible KU transfer

Even if he doesn't come here, I have a great respect for how he handled the process. I do hope he sees the opportunity here!!

Every time I get on this site, this is the thread I look for first.

Wear Husker red Mr. White.

We currently have 2 scholarships open for the 2014-15 year. Hopefully, one of those goes to White, and with one left, the coaches are still looking for a possible player to take the remaining scholarship...

I continue to like our chances with Andrew White for a couple of reasons. First, of course, is the relationship Miles and the coaches have built with him (as *** has pointed out).

The Second reason is ............ Academics!!!! White is an Honor-Roll student; I think NU would do well to emphasize our Academic Standings.

I like that we have some serious students on the team; i.e. Shavon Shields is studying to go into medicine, Trevor Menke is an Honor-Roll student as well. :nod:

Mr. White on a OV to Maryland. Only threat here is location.

Andrew J. White III ‏@AndrewWhite03 15h
I am on campus today for an official visit to The University of Maryland.

He still hasn't OV'd Richmond - is that correct?

Watching this guy make this decision and communicate what's going on makes me wish all recruits would have to wait until they're 20 to be recruited. If they had to first be an anonymous college student or bag groceries for a couple of years it might make them more tolerable. ;)

On the other hand, I actually suspect most of this is just how Mr. White takes care of business. Just makes me want him more.

Last edited:
He still hasn't OV'd Richmond - is that correct?

Watching this guy make this decision and communicate what's going on makes me wish all recruits would have to wait until they're 20 to be recruited. If they had to first be an anonymous college student or bag groceries for a couple of years it might make them more tolerable. ;)

On the other hand, I actually suspect most of this is just how Mr. White takes care of business. Just makes me want him more.

Maybe it's just me, but I am not as impressed with him as others are. To me, he has really drawn out this process, and he seems to enjoy the attention he is getting by letting the world know where he is visiting. I would rather that he just communicate with the coaches. I really don't need to know his itinerary.

Don't get me wrong. I hope he ends up in Lincoln, but I am not as impressed with his methods as others seem to be.

I am extremely impressed...

He is tweeting where he is at because I would assume he gets 20 calls or texts a day from Rivals sites wondering exactly that. He only does interviews really after he gets done with a visit, so he's trying to give people what they want rather than doing intervews with ten people a day...

Basically what *** said, but also because the reality is there are simply tons of fans who are curious. Putting out good, basic info I just see as a courtesy. Otherwise people spend a lot of time speculating and worrying. It's like he's saying, "Don't listen to someone's made up story. This is what is actually going on." And without a lot of self-promotion.

Admittedly it's my personal reaction. But it works for me.

Basically what *** said, but also because the reality is there are simply tons of fans who are curious. Putting out good, basic info I just see as a courtesy. Otherwise people spend a lot of time speculating and worrying. It's like he's saying, "Don't listen to someone's made up story. This is what is actually going on." And without a lot of self-promotion.

Well, if he picks Nebraska, I will probably be more agreeable to his use of social media. :Biggrin:

Agree, my personal reaction is this is exactly how I would want my son to handle the situation. Since he made his announcement he was leaving Kansas on May 8th, he has tweeted only 22 times. Only 4 of those have been about his upcoming decision where all they said was "I am on campus at Maryland for my fourth official visit". In my opinion just letting people know where he is. I suppose you could consider it dragging it out, but in my opinion, for a kid that has stated that a relationship with the head coach is the most important thing he will be looking for, that is something you can't force. It is my opinion that he knows that another poor decision could result in him not getting a professional contract, and wants to take as much time as he can to make sure the relationship is real and true, rather than a recruiting relationship like what he had with Bill Self until a better prospect came along...

Just my two cents, but I also understand how the length of time to make it could drive people a little crazy...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back