• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Possible Changes to Transfer Rules

OK I sort of like this one. keeps guys from just hopping around but rewards them for graduating. It truly appears to be about "Student Athlete."
I'm not so sure ... what if you have a kid who's already redshirted (say his true freshman year) ... transfers after 3 more years sitting on the bench at DONU ... so his 5th year he has to sit out again to abide by the transfer rule? What if he's already graduated after 4 years? Does he have to sit out a year or can he be eligible?

I'm not so sure ... what if you have a kid who's already redshirted (say his true freshman year) ... transfers after 3 more years sitting on the bench at DONU ... so his 5th year he has to sit out again to abide by the transfer rule? What if he's already graduated after 4 years? Does he have to sit out a year or can he be eligible?
If he has already graduated it is irrelevant

Many coaches are discovering the lastest transfer rule changes are resulting in chaos for their teams. Schools like OU, Michigan, Wisky are into chasing after the hired gun even if it's only 1 season. Other schools find themselves suddenly depleted of scholly QB's even though they've invested a lot of time and money into them. If a kid thinks he can be a starter elsewhere he's going to transfer now and it's hard to blame them for doing so.

Frost has mentioned he wasn't thrilled with the new transfer rules.........

I mean, that's basically the same anomaly as BYU with all their 28 year old gorilla-sized "freshman" who come back from a Mormon mission.

Many coaches are discovering the lastest transfer rule changes are resulting in chaos for their teams. Schools like OU, Michigan, Wisky are into chasing after the hired gun even if it's only 1 season. Other schools find themselves suddenly depleted of scholly QB's even though they've invested a lot of time and money into them. If a kid thinks he can be a starter elsewhere he's going to transfer now and it's hard to blame them for doing so.

Frost has mentioned he wasn't thrilled with the new transfer rules.........
Personally, I don’t like the rule,but that’s just me. I really like the play in four games and not loose your redshirt year.

I'm OK with that ... if that is the intent ... but isn't that the intent of the current rule?
Yes this adds to it. In this case if someone transfers before graduating they give up a year. However, if they graduate they can get that year back. So in the past if a kid decides to transfer after his redshirt freshman year. He would only have two years left. If he graduates at or before that two years. he will get a third year back. So he would have 4 years to play over 6 year period.

Not going to happen. The athletes have the upper hand when they bring in multi-millions and essentially fund the entire process. NCAA can’t afford another Northwestern type challenge to the status quo. One of these days the players will win.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back