• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Positive Train This Week

joncarl

Nobody important
15 Year Member
Not going to ignore the way this season has gone, but I was at the game and while the stadium wasn't as loud as it has been, there was still a good turnout (except for the students). There were a lot of positives Saturday, some good play by certain individuals and I enjoyed watching some of the redshirts get a chance to get meaningful minutes. I know we keep saying it will get better and the future is bright, but I really believe that. Doesn't mean there won't be some rough patches ahead, but I can see the sun peeking through the clouds. Sorry I don't have any good insight into anything specific and I can't pull up a play and diagram the good things, and no the coaches maybe not have demonstrated that they can turn this around, but as I said in another thread, I just have faith that things will turn around. This is a good game to get some mojo working and head into the Iowa game with a little positive vibe. Iowa is beatable, so 6-6 is attainable then on to a bowl.

So there is the little ray of sunshine we all need this week.

:Huskerflag:

I really liked different people getting experience and playing well. I especially liked Damian Jackson's shoulder destroying a return while he was facing a different direction. That is a powerful man.

Noa caught the ball! Receivers blocked! The thing I didn't see that I was waiting for was Chris Hickman playing receiver and pushing the CB's around. Could have used some defensive stops, and converted drives. Inches from having another 10 points. But good things! YAY!

I love your outlook. Hopefully we can build off of the good things we saw this week and put together a dominant performance over the Terps. And hopefully it will carry over the Hawkeyes as well.

Last edited:

Well I went this route on the positive train, I spent talking Sunday with my son who lives in Portland OR (he flew back for the OSU game and met me in Minneapolis so he hasn't seen much good GBR in person this year) about the game and we did break down some specific points rather than simply saying "they sucked" which he uses far too often.

Anyway, defense shortcomings have been discussed at length. We did agree that going 0-3 on 4th down, missing a makeable FG, giving up a turnover to create a short field for Wisky and also giving up a kick return touchdown were specific factors that if they went the other way, may not have guaranteed a win, but reflects that the team just isn't good enough yet to overcome these types of breakdowns.

Anyway, onward, he is also meeting me this weekend in Maryland, hopefully he can see his first win this year. I am combining a work trip and visit to relatives in the Annapolis area so....wish us well.

I'm 'on board' for this week … just feels like the Husker offense is going to click … at least finish more drives ... which could become the Blackshirts best ally.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back